Going to pick up a Springfield stainless loaded 9mm 1911.

Always wanted a 1911 in 9mm and one came up for a very decent price recently. The seller is out of town right now but we will meet when he returns to make the trade. Tried to find a trade but settled on cash instead. I really didn't want to part with the money and will probably sell some of my collection to offset the cost as I need money to repair my old wooden house.

I have not been purchasing much of anything the last few years and am thinking about selling off much of my collection but this was one pistol I have wanted for some time.

Sometimes you just gotta.

Re: Going to pick up a Springfield stainless loaded 9mm 1911

hoosier8 wrote:Always wanted a 1911 in 9mm and one came up for a very decent price recently. The seller is out of town right now but we will meet when he returns to make the trade. Tried to find a trade but settled on cash instead. I really didn't want to part with the money and will probably sell some of my collection to offset the cost as I need money to repair my old wooden house.

I have not been purchasing much of anything the last few years and am thinking about selling off much of my collection but this was one pistol I have wanted for some time.

Nice find.

If you ever decide to sell any of your collection, let me know. Depending on what it is and where you are in Indiana, I might even drive out there (I'm northwest of Chicago). And you could be sure it would go to a good home.

Re: Going to pick up a Springfield stainless loaded 9mm 1911

John1911 wrote:
hoosier8 wrote:Always wanted a 1911 in 9mm and one came up for a very decent price recently. The seller is out of town right now but we will meet when he returns to make the trade. Tried to find a trade but settled on cash instead. I really didn't want to part with the money and will probably sell some of my collection to offset the cost as I need money to repair my old wooden house.

Nice find.

If you ever decide to sell any of your collection, let me know. Depending on what it is and where you are in Indiana, I might even drive out there (I'm northwest of Chicago). And you could be sure it would go to a good home.
Indianapolis. I will post here if I sell anything.

Talked to the owner today. He went to a friends in Illinois to visit because his friends wife has Lou Gerigs disease. He will be going right back because she won't last long. Nasty disease. Had a good time talking to him. He and his friend were both paratroopers during Vietnam and I got in on the tail end of Vietnam in the Air Force. Found out that we had a few things in common. He thought I was much younger because of the way I sound on the phone. I also have much more of a Chicago accent and he had more of a country drawl.

Told him there is no hurry. I had not planned on buying any more guns but this is one that I've always wanted, a 1911 9 mm.

One thing that I find interesting is that he is not very familiar with our new technology. He is in that range of age group but just decided not to learn about it. I probably am too but I've worked in computers since 1971. I find that many of the older people stay unfamiliar with the technology until they are unable to move around like they used to when they get into it. That is what happened with my father who passed away in 2010 at the age of 86. He became very good at it since he could no longer move around like he used to.