Range Report for 22 April 2017

Stopped by Champion Arms indoor range this afternoon with a bagful of guns. It was the first outing for the Remington Bulldog .45, as well as two new handholds in .38 Special- Some 148gr. Wadcutters and Montana Gold 125gr. hollow-points.

I started the festivities with the Pietta Remington Bulldog firing HSM 200gr. RNFPL Cowboy loads. These were probably coming out of the 2-5/8" barrel at 650-700 fps. and they were quite mild and pleasant to shoot. Point-of-impact was about 6" low at 10 yards, so I will be shortening the front sight a bit. Groups were reasonable for a first-time shooting a new gun. This group was fired at a brisk pace at ten yards- you can see video of this in my blog.

I'll try some (cautiously) heavier loads once I am reloading this caliber. HSM uses Starline brass, BTW, which is nice for reloaders. I really like this gun!~

Next up were the .38 Specials. Both loads functioned well and were as accurate as I was at least. This group was shot with the Shopkeeper's Special at 10 yards-

Switching to the Steampunk Snubby and the 148gr. HBWC loads I filled a five-yard target with two hands, strong-hand and weak-hand groups, then backed it off to ten yards and shot this group- given the microscopic sights and short sight radius I'm pleased as hell with this group!

Altogether a very satisfactory outing, and I'm pretty thrilled with the .45 Bulldog.
"Aim for their foil beanies! It's the only way to be sure..."
https://tinkertalksguns.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/michael.t.pearce.7

Re: Range Report for 22 April 2017

Impressive . especially for cutting the barrels down so much.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more