CZ 75 p07 duty help

I was becoming frustrated why the rounds were not hitting where I aimed. Then I took a close look at the rear site. It is not centered.

Right side

Left side

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Re: CZ 75 p07 duty help

Firstly, it would appear you are missing the hex lock-screw for that rear sight. Get one before moving onto sighting in your gun.

To sight in your pistol:
1) Get a bore laser sighting tool and adjust your rear sight to match the red dot then move onto #2.

2) Test fire your gun on a sandbag at a target at 15 yards and slowly drift the rear sight to match point of impact in 5 rounds groups. Them move out to 25 yards and adjust if necessary.

#2 can be done without #1 but it's always more fun with gadgets. But seriously, I've made good use of my LaserLyte bore sighting tool for my rifles and pistols.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote:Firstly, it would appear you are missing the hex lock-screw for that rear sight. Get one before moving onto sighting in your gun.

To sight in your pistol:
1) Get a bore laser sighting tool and adjust your rear sight to match the red dot then move onto #2.

2) Test fire your gun on a sandbag at a target at 15 yards and slowly drift the rear sight to match point of impact in 5 rounds groups. Them move out to 25 yards and adjust if necessary.

#2 can be done without #1 but it's always more fun with gadgets. But seriously, I've made good use of my LaserLyte bore sighting tool for my rifles and pistols.
Thanks so I am missing a piece.

An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Take a #2 pencil and draw a straight line segment that runs along the top of the slide and continues onto the body of the rear sight. As you drift the rear sight, the pencil line on the sight will become offset from the segment of line that's on the slide. Make a new pencil mark on the slide that aligns with the line on the sight prior to test firing each time you make an adjustment. I do this when drifting a rear sight so I can keep track of the increments I am moving it relative to the starting point. I have a really nice sight pusher that allows very fine adjustments to be made, but it's often hard to tell how much I actually moved the sight without the pencil marks showing the actual increment.

I believe the rear site is fixed. I know how to zero I want to know if this is wrong

—Joe Strummer

Paladin wrote:I believe the rear site is fixed. I know how to zero I want to know if this is wrong

I had a very similar problem in my P07 after use in my RONI Stab. I tightened the hex screw and used a bore sighter -- as has been suggested -- and its shooting much better now. I don't know if this is a common issue with CZs but it only took a few times of installing it/removing it from the brace before I noticed the sights were off.
"We are for the freedom of all and for free agreement, which will be there for all when no one has the means to force others, and all are involved in the good running of society."
- E. Malatesta
Neither Democrats, nor Dictators: Anarchists

You might want to put some loctite on the set screw, so it doesn't walk out again. My M&P had a similar problem with loosening set screw on the rear sight. It kept shifting until I put some blue loctite on it.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

^^^ Blue Loctite is your friend on lock-down screws for auto-loaders.

Red... not so much. Is permanent.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi