Yet another oldish revolver

I don't know why the older-- excuse me, I mean more seasoned and mature-- revolvers are finding me lately, but it happened again today. I popped into the same shop I found a S&W 19-3 in lately, to see if they had any Titegroup. They didn't, but they did have this:

It's a pre-model 36 Chiefs Special, late 1950s. The serial number puts it at less than a thousand before the first model 36. I'd just oiled the exterior before taking the photo, so the wear isn't very apparent-- it's got serious holster wear; total finish is maybe 60-70% still there. It came with a monstrous set of Pachmeyrs that I removed with alacrity, only to find this:

When I think of that poor little thing traveling all the way from MA to AZ just to find me, I get verklempt. There there, little one, you're home now.
Last edited by AZAndy on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reunite Pangea!

Re: Yet another oldish revolver

highdesert wrote:You benefit from those Yankees who retire in AZ with their toys. Did the shop owner have any info on where he got it?
You're likely right about that; I've certainly met a few. Native Prescottonians are fairly rare. (My wife is one, but I'm from Ohio.)

I didn't think to ask the man, but I will the next time I'm in. I'm curious to know if he was aware of the MA police provenance. Probably not, as that usually bumps up the price a smidge.
Reunite Pangea!