Re: Suggestions for CZ75B sights?

MaxWyatt wrote:Thanks for the extra encouragement. The hardware store didn't have a brass punch, but I figured I have no desire to keep the original sight so.... I carefully covered the slide in masking tape and beat the phuking sight out with a hammer and a steel punch. :yahoo:

Now I have a different issue. The rear sight appears to be too short to clear the top of the slide. If I slip a piece of paper under the sight and over the slide, it curves enough that I am concerned. The sight fits too tight for me to pound in so I will need to buy a file small enough to work the bevels if I decide to try installing it. The only files I have that small are for guitar frets and they're the wrong shape. :confused: Well, on the bright side, at least I'm learning something.
Oh, I'd email Dawson with that photo before proceeding any further. They may have sent you the wrong sight kit or have some expert insight as to why it is the way it is.
LGC Texas - Vice President

A little late, glad you got it off, but if you can't get it on without messing up the slide go with what is already a CZ factory product. My 85 Combat has an adjustable rear sight. The dovetail slot looks to be the same size as on the regular 75B. I'd confirm with CZ. But, if you get your rear sight in ignore this post.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_3142.JPG
IMG_3141.JPG

Here's my CZ 75B slide top, and my CZ 85 Combat. The dovetail seems about the same, but on the 85 some material has been taken off. If you need that much work I'd be careful, send it to CZ Custom Shop or try to shave or manipulate the sight first. The CZ 85 Combat is factory this way.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_3696.JPG

The CZ-75B requires more clearance than the rear sights they offer. Dawson does not have a sight that fits my gun. This is the response I received from them this morning: "The rear sight cut on the SP-01 and CZ-75B are different. The CZ-75B requires more clearance and the SP-01 will not fit."

I've spoken with them and have the RMA ready to go. They were helpful on the phone and referred me to Cajun Gun Works. I'm really frustrated because I called them before I ordered and specifically asked if these were the correct sights. During the original call, they recommended a slightly higher pair of sights so now I have a non standard .195 tall front sight that I'll have to try to match up.

Cajun Gun Works doesn't have a sight for the CZ-75B either. They adapt the cz7585 and SP-01 sights to fit. My options now are to return the sight to Dawson and send my slide into CGW for a fresh set that would cost $120 installed. The $80 sights just turned into $160 sights. The other option is for me to file the underneath of the DP sight so it will clear the top of the slide.

Looking at Hi-viz, and other brands that I've seen on line, they all say 75/85 and SP-01. Not one that I've seen so far lists 75B and there is a difference. The lesson here is that there is not a commercially available sight for the CZ-75B that will be a direct fit.

fuck.

Victory at last! :yahoo: I figured the money was already spent and I didn't have anything to lose by trying to fit the sight. I picked up a couple sets of small files from Harbor Freight and worked for a little over an hour to get it to fit. Of course, I still need to verify POA/POI, but after talking with Cajun Gun Works this morning, I am confident that it will be good. I haven't lock-tited the set screw yet in case I need to adjust for windage.
Attachments
DP-sight.jpg

:clap: At'a boy! Second poblem solved.
Now to the range and verify the elevation adjustment is in line to work with that front sight.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Been to the range twice for sighting. The .195 Dawson sight has POI that's ~3 low at 10 yards. I put the original front sight on and it's POI was ~2" high. The original sight is .055 inch shorter than the .195 Dawson. I'm thinking the .165 Dawson front sight should put things into alignment. Figuring this all out is sort of fun, but it's cutting into my target practice time. :-)

Had a pistol I lost the rear sight - didn't make any difference in my shooting. Replaced, then lost front sight, same pistol. Didn't make any difference in my shooting. Replaced, now have both sights and still no change. But since they are for SD, not real concerned, cause they hit center mass all the time up til I get to 25 yds. and then it's time to high tail it!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Final report on this fiasco. The closest size front sight that Dawson has to .165 is .155, so I ordered and installed that several weeks ago. I finally had time to hit the range yesterday. It seems to be right on between 20'-45'. At least the holes are spread pretty evenly around the bullseye. Getting that spread a little smaller is separate issue I'm continuing to work on.

Well, I think it's safe to say this pistol is really mine now. :-)