Re: "Don't ever buy a gun with plastic parts...

I've had a couple of plastic pistols and I never worried about them blowing up. The only thing you might have to worry about would be the entire metal slide being launched backward at you. In general, it's stupid advice.

However, I did own two Keltec plastic rifles that, yes, I kind of worried might blow up on me. I also owed a Beretta plastic rifle that I never worried about blowing up.

Quality is more important than material.

I'm out of my plastic phase, so it's a non-issue.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:I've had a couple of plastic pistols and I never worried about them blowing up. The only thing you might have to worry about would be the entire metal slide being launched backward at you. In general, it's stupid advice.

However, I did own two Keltec plastic rifles that, yes, I kind of worried might blow up on me. I also owed a Beretta plastic rifle that I never worried about blowing up.

Was the plastic phase when you were younger and didn’t know better?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote:
senorgrand wrote:I've had a couple of plastic pistols and I never worried about them blowing up. The only thing you might have to worry about would be the entire metal slide being launched backward at you. In general, it's stupid advice.

Was the plastic phase when you were younger and didn’t know better?
I was poly-curious. ;)

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

When I decided to purchase a 380 pocket pistol I chose the Remington RM380 because it has a steel slide ans aluminum frame. The only polymer is the replaceable grips. I have seen several reports of polymer frames breaking under fire. As best I can surmise it has been because the rail guides in the frame are metal set into the polymer. So that means any defect in molding the polymer slide is a potential hazard that the internal pressure upon firing could cause to fail. I just not into plastic guns.

I have fired thousands of rounds through my Glock 17 and Glock 19, and the guns haven't exploded. The M&P Shield also has yet to explode.
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal