Ruger Security-9

Hi all. I own a Ruger SR9. 17+1. Love it. I'm more accurate with it than any of my others. Thing is, it's big to conceal carry. I can't use it EDC unless I keep my jacket on.

That being said, I've been looking at the Ruger Security-9 online. I have the LC9s now but am looking for something beefier. Do any of you have experience with the Security-9? Thanks!

Re: Ruger Security-9

Deep13 wrote:Doesn't look much smaller than the SR9. Have you tried the SR9c?
I'm actually looking into the SR9c. Hopefully my range has one I can rent before I purchase. I had bought a Glock G19 Gen4 without testing it out first. Sold it after less than 2 months. I was terribly inaccurate with it. Won't buy without trying again, heh.

Deep13 wrote:Doesn't look much smaller than the SR9. Have you tried the SR9c?
I haven't. My only polymer Ruger is the LCP-II, so I can't give an accurate comparison to the SR9c. I will say it's in the Glock 19/M&P 2.0 size category at $150-200 cheaper, which will definitely make some people consider it as their new entry-level double-stack 9mm.

That boat has long since sailed for me and I'd still recommend a Gen 4 Glock 19 over everything in that category. Nothing fiddly. Accessories for miles. It just works. YMMV and I know a lot of people aren't interested in sinking $400+ into their first handgun purchase.
LGC Texas - Vice President

I don't like the SR9C because Ruger chooses to nerf the mag to 10-round capacity in 9mm, even though it has enough room for 12. Maybe they were avoiding making two different capacity mags for the same gun, as they need 10-rounders for CA and other gun-hating states.

I went with the M&P9C (first gen) because it carries 12 rounds for the same grip length. It helps that the M&P9C can be had without manual safety.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

I fondled the Security 9 today at the LGS. I like the way it holds and points. Very nice. The slide rattled a little but not excessively. The safety lever is a little small. Trigger was better than my SR9c. Price was very good. All in all, not bad and worth considering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The key to the SR9c trigger is to take apart the firing pin bits and clean them out. Granted, Ruger ought to do that on their own. I went with the SR9c because it felt better in hand than a G26, has adjustable sights, and a light rail. Also, I like Ruger trigger guard a lot better than Glock, as it can accommodate gloves. Of course, either Glock or SR mags will fit the new Ruger PC Carbine :D .
Yet she persisted.