Re: Lets talk 1911s

CDFingers wrote: What does the safety pin do?

CDFingers
Holds up the President’s diapers.

:sorry: I couldn’t resist.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Go ahead buy it, you know you need it. It’s an investment for your very old age retirement. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Bucolic wrote:Stopped at my local CZ dealer today to see if they had any new offerings. No new CZs. They did have a Dan Wesson 1911 Discretion that I fondled. I just about lost my shit and bought it but, at $1943, I collected myself and demurred. It is pretty amazing and will haunt me for a while.

http://cz-usa.com/product/dw-discretion/
"High tritium sights allow for sighting over the top of most pistol suppressors, with a rear designed so that the slide can be racked on a belt if using the pistol one-handed." -CZ-USA
What da phuck!?! I'm glad you didn't plunk down the donuts for that pistol. Then you'd be obligated to pay for the $200 tax stamp and god knows how much for a .45 suppressor. If you didn't, all the peeps at the range would be saying "tacticool" and calling you mall-ninja behind your back. -In envy of course, because everyone wants to rack a gun on their belt one-handed just once to see if you can do it without shooting your own leg or the person in the lane next to you.

Somehow I don't see how Sarah would approve of that purchase either.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote:
Bucolic wrote:Stopped at my local CZ dealer today to see if they had any new offerings. No new CZs. They did have a Dan Wesson 1911 Discretion that I fondled. I just about lost my shit and bought it but, at $1943, I collected myself and demurred. It is pretty amazing and will haunt me for a while.

http://cz-usa.com/product/dw-discretion/
"High tritium sights allow for sighting over the top of most pistol suppressors, with a rear designed so that the slide can be racked on a belt if using the pistol one-handed." -CZ-USA
What da phuck!?! I'm glad you didn't plunk down the donuts for that pistol. Then you'd be obligated to pay for the $200 tax stamp and god knows how much for a .45 suppressor. If you didn't, all the peeps at the range would be saying "tacticool" and calling you mall-ninja behind your back. -In envy of course, because everyone wants to rack a gun on their belt one-handed just once to see if you can do it without shooting your own leg or the person in the lane next to you.

Somehow I don't see how Sarah would approve of that purchase either.

It is soooo tight and so cool in the flesh, so to speak. The image does not do it justice. Everything is right, the stipling, the trigger, everything.

So you talked me out of it cuz image is everything and I need to maintain my eccentric, professorial, daft scientist facade.That pistol would just scream poser....

But it is haunting me....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucolic wrote:
It is soooo tight and so cool in the flesh, so to speak. The image does not do it justice. Everything is right, the stipling, the trigger, everything.

So you talked me out of it cuz image is everything and I need to maintain my eccentric, professorial, daft scientist facade.That pistol would just scream poser....

But it is haunting me....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dan Wessons are the shit, really. You should take a look at the less-expensive models too--I love the Valors.

Dan Wesson Valor:

'nuff said.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Um, it's time for a fashion statement......321Surfer is making me a dual 1911 shoulder holster and...GASP! My 1911s don't match.

I need to stainless 1911 for the family to match my Metro Arms long slide (aka the Anchor, dubbed so by Hunterofskulls). I've been selling off more guns to raise some cash....

What to do? This one will live in the right-handed holster. My only requirements is that it has an extended beaver tail and no fiber optic/adjustable sights.

Yeah, we're having this conversation where you guys help me pick out a gun so that I match when I wear my dual shoulder holsters.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

KlownKannon wrote:Um, it's time for a fashion statement......321Surfer is making me a dual 1911 shoulder holster and...GASP! My 1911s don't match.

I need to stainless 1911 for the family to match my Metro Arms long slide (aka the Anchor, dubbed so by Hunterofskulls). I've been selling off more guns to raise some cash....

What to do? This one will live in the right-handed holster. My only requirements is that it has an extended beaver tail and no fiber optic/adjustable sights.

Yeah, we're having this conversation where you guys help me pick out a gun so that I match when I wear my dual shoulder holsters.
You should track down two AMT Hardballers and get them silver plated, get some nice black ebony for grips and get threaded barrels for them.
Agent 47.png

I actually got in some window shopping......looked at a bunch of 1911s.

Top of the heap that I saw today? Two (ok, two and a half) pistols....the first one is a Colt Combat Commander series 80. It has the GI style slide w/ vertical serrations but it comes with three dot sights and an extended beaver tail. The second was a Smith and Wesson 1911E. I really, really like the scaled cocking serrations. The half gun that I mention was another 1911E but in this case, engraved. I thought the engraving was nice.

None of them had an ambi safety but otherwise, they would all be nice additions to my perversions.

Anyway, still selling off a gun or two. Will have a pot of money to reinvest into more guns soon.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

You've probably seen a few pics of my Springfield milspec stainless 1911. It's brushed stainless--this is in contrast to the shiny stainless of my Vaquero and GP100. This is a velvety brushed stainless that easily snags powder residue. But it's stainless.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

parkerized. it's a gun, intended to shoot savages, moros and krauts. yes, they get dirty. clean it. (buncha sissies, talkin bout their fashion statement guns.) fashion statement? no, it's a fascist statement - "die, fascist, die, die, die!" jesus aytch key-riest, what's WRONG with you people? sometimes, i swear...
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

I cannot imagine such a discussion on any other gun forum. Pretty funny!

Ain't nothin' wrong with a purty gun, lurker. :)
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

justinf wrote:Wow, this has gone in a, um, different direction. I'm with Lurker, all for a pretty gun but the damn thing better work.
i think this discussion is happening at all because saint john moses' progeny is one of those rare instances where function, as near perfect as it is, is a product of form and vice-versa. so yes, it's all good. no amount of gilding can diminish the essential beauty of this lily. carry on.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Marlene wrote:Browning's eye was not only mechanical. With rare exception, his designs are beautiful. His influence in firearms is widely recognized. I'd argue that his influence on 20th century industrial design reached far beyond firearms in its impact.
Now, THIS sounds like it should be a new thread. Where do you think Browning's downstream industrial influence was beyond firearms? Smells like an art project.

Lets talk 1911s

KlownKannon wrote:
Marlene wrote:Browning's eye was not only mechanical. With rare exception, his designs are beautiful. His influence in firearms is widely recognized. I'd argue that his influence on 20th century industrial design reached far beyond firearms in its impact.
Now, THIS sounds like it should be a new thread. Where do you think Browning's downstream industrial influence was beyond firearms? Smells like an art project.
As someone who got to fondle a 1946 Vintage Remington Model 11 20gauge autoloader this weekend... yeah, he was a visionary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by 321FLSurfer on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard