Re: How about a 1911 photo thread?

Part of the reason I don't have a 1911 is that there are so many beautiful grip panels available. I would wind up standing at the intersection with a sign that said, "Will work for 1911 grips."
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 am Part of the reason I don't have a 1911 is that there are so many beautiful grip panels available. I would wind up standing at the intersection with a sign that said, "Will work for 1911 grips."
It's a very versatile piece, the grip choices alone are mind boggling.
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"
"Namaste"
"Don't Tread on Me"

Dang, FlyGuy! I have always wanted a beauty SR1911, Kimber, and a Colt, but could never justify spending the cash (on the divorce proceedings that might follow).

Nice family there!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Eris wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:55 pm Can't wait to join this thread. I ordered an SR1911 Target and I'm waiting on it to arrive.
Those are nice. You'll probably love it. If not, send it to me? :D
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Eris wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:55 pm Can't wait to join this thread. I ordered an SR1911 Target and I'm waiting on it to arrive.
The SR1911 is one the smoothest things I have ever shot. You will not be disappointed. The Remington is chambered in 10mm, also very smooth/crisp. The Kimber is my EDC. and the Colt is my Safe Queen, only brought out on special occasions.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

1911s.jpg
If you double-click on the photo it becomes more clear.

Top left, RIA compact, Top right Auto-Ordnance 9mm
Center: RIA Govt
bottom left: Colt 1911 made in 1919
bottom right Colt Combat Commander

The Auto-Ord is crap or pre-OK. Problems feeding and ejecting
The 1919 was in a shop for a year waiting for a deluxe fitted barrel. Didn't happen so I put in a new Colt barrel and bushing in. It measures like the orginal but I haven't got it to the range yet. The smell is gone, for those who wonder.

Rock Island models aren't bad at all. Heavy as anvils and they were cheap enough I didn't feel nervous learning how to tweak them. That compact goes through recoil springs big time.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Colt Gold Cup Trophy w/American Holly grips, firing pin block removed, trigger job to 2.5 lbs (I don't carry this one). Springfield A1 mil-spec w/Gabon Ebony grips, trigger job to 3.5 lbs.

I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez