Re: How about a 1911 photo thread?

SeanMoney wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:50 pm Anyone had an EAA Witness? I am thinking about a 1911 in 9mm and am torn between that and a RIA.
I have a Witness Match chambered in 10mm. It is a thing of beauty, shoots remarkably well, and more importantly, accurate.
I could not choose between this or a 1911, so I got both over time. The 1911 first for street cred. followed by the CZ clone Witness. The 10mm round is a nice change from the .45 acp.
20180104_073420.jpg
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

featureless wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 am Someday, I hope to contribute to this thread. It's very inspiring but bad for my wallet.... A Dan Wesson PM7 seems like the best California option.
My first 1911 was a Taurus. It has never let me down. I still love it. Are 1911s limited in California? Do you still have a limited list of firearms to choose from?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

the llama does jump a bit, but it's not bad, what with the extension on the mag and the weight of the extra ammo. couple of days ago i shot a sig p238, which i've always coveted (a pocketable 1911, what's not to like?) and found it very difficult to control. i believe "snappy" is the word.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?