Re: First purchase of the year: EAA Windicator .357 Mag Revolver

The revolver was purchased sight unseen. Never seen one in the wild around here, but had read good reviews online. So I put in a bid and it was mine. All said and done it set me back about three and a half notes.

Revolver comes in an inexpensive plastic case with a manual. Not sure if the lock was supplied by EAA or by the GB seller.

These revolvers are made in Germany, and imported by EAA based in FL. Fit and finish is about what one can expect for a revolver in that price range. I was expecting something a bit rough - but it surpassed my expectations.

Lockup is very tight. Action while smooth, does seem to have a heavy pull in double action. Another 100 rounds and that should be a bit better I would think. Single action is very crisp and smooth.

At this price sights are what one can expect: fixed and they do the job. Grips are good and I shot mostly 130 gr RN 38 special ammo. Recoil was non-existent. I need to work on my double action shooting. Will return to the range on Monday or next week with a colleague and put more ammo through this revolver.

Re: First purchase of the year: EAA Windicator .357 Mag Revolver

NegativeApproach wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:49 pm I absolutely hate the trigger on the Windicator, but I'm comparing it to a 1970s smith, so that might not be fair.
Yeah, not fair. :lol:

I had no idea what I was missing until I bought my first Smith. I am sure the Windicator is just fine for its intended purpose.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt