Re: c96 broomhandle

Bucolic wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:09 pm That would make an exciting video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. And if it does explode and there is no video, then we're out of seeing it in action forever.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

please accept my sincere apologies for dragging this out so long and annoying you with useless details.

NOT.

i Do wish this was progressing faster and that we all knew by now that it works just fine, but sometimes reality sucks.

one of the other NC members expressed interest so we've arranged an outing (3 of us) on friday, otherwise i'd already have been to the range. it's not at my normal venue, either, and another 1/2 hour to get there, but sacrifices must be made. i'll take a couple of other guns just in case it doesn't run well. i'm guessing the lack of rifling wont matter much at my usual 7 yds.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

ok, gotcha. no, i'm not THAT bad, though i have started sighting in my mossberg .22 rifle at 25 yds, just to get my cheesy air rifle scope aligned and on paper. i'd like to try rifles at longer range, but at my age and without a decent scope, i suspect my eyes won't cooperate.
Last edited by lurker on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was raising money for a purchase. I sold a lot of stuff around that time. It went to a good home. It was a very neat gun and I liked shooting it quite a bit. A nice tight crisp one with reworked good sights and maybe some thoughtful grip ergonomics could easily be someone's favorite range and woods pistol.

Marlene wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 am I was raising money for a purchase. I sold a lot of stuff around that time. It went to a good home. It was a very neat gun and I liked shooting it quite a bit. A nice tight crisp one with reworked good sights and maybe some thoughtful grip ergonomics could easily be someone's favorite range and woods pistol.
good to hear. we may explore this concept further if all goes well. i'm already thinking of fabbing up a cheesy stock for it. there's repro hardware available. but first, we get it to shoot. tomorrow it goes to a range.