S&W 327 TRR8--anyone have experience with one

I was out gallivanting at various LGS. And there is was--S&W 327 TRR8. As I understand, it was developed for use in SWAT teams. I searched the forum and only found one person that has one.

Sooo..... anyone have any real experience with one. I would love to hear the pros and cons.

Thanks a bunch.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: S&W 327 TRR8--anyone have experience with one

Possibly the best gun I own. I adore it.

I love the combination of lightweight frame and steel cylinder. It weighs enough that recoil is not st all uncomfortable but the lightweight barrel makes it hold as easily as a shorter gun but the longer sight radius of the 5” barrel. The barrel is a tensioned liner in a sleeve which makes it very rigid; shoots like a big heavy bull barrel but without the weight. It’s a fucking laser gun. The only thing between this gun and 1” groups at 50 yards is the nut behind the trigger (me).

It’s my most accurate handgun (including a couple serious target pieces), my favorite toy, and in case of circumstance I prefer not to ponder it is my strongly preferred combat handgun.

I can only hope that if you get one it is as wonderful as mine. S&W have had a few QC hiccups in recent years but I’d expect a Performance Center (different from Pro Series) gun to be right.

Loaded with 125 grain jacketed bullets over a max charge of 2400 it blows shock rings of flame and spits the bullets in to one hole groups.

We are clearly still very much in love.

Re: S&W 327 TRR8--anyone have experience with one

No experience with the 327, it does sound fun. Reminds me of the French Manurhin MR 73 also 357.
One revolver you probably haven’t heard much about is the Manurhin MR73, currently made by Chapuis in France and originally conceived as a hard use tactical revolver for the GIGN French anti terrorist unit. This is a hardened tool steel revolver, capable of shooting well over 200,000 rounds of full power 357 magnum while maintaining match grade accuracy. It has a short double action trigger pull that can be regulated to suit each shooter, and a match grade trigger pull in single action. The MR73 did not leave the factory if it could group 5 rounds in under an inch at 25 meters. Today it is still issued to GIGN operators.
http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/archives/5608
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan