1975 Security Six

Well it took several years but I finally found a decent Security Six with the 2.75" barrel. For me that' s a bonus because I like short barreled revolvers. Won it at an auction. When it was all said and done with I paid $541.80. It's a 151 prefix and a serial number search shows it being made approximately 1975. It's also what is known as a "pre-warning" model. Note that the left side of the barrel doesn't have the big safety warning. Evidently this makes it more desirable to some. I had no idea. Photographed it next to my GP100 - 3" for the sake of comparison. You know people talk about certain Colts and Smith & Wessons being hard to find, but I have had a heck of a time locating a nice Security Six...or a Police Six/Speed Six. This one actually took a few years. I've been saving up for one of the new Pythons, but I didn't want to let this one go so I dipped it into my savings. That's okay I can build it back up and eventually the 2020 Python will be around in large numbers. Unlike the Security Six which has been out of production for over 30 years. I purchased the larger target grips from a company on-line. However, rest assured, I'm holding onto the original service grips.
86716986_3076405205918326_8573354931610714112_o.jpg
I type therefore I am
Attachments
IMG_5773.JPG

Re: 1975 Security Six

Once upon a time I had a Speed Six 4"bbl, had the hammer bobbed to DAO. *sigh* I think I'll go cry now.

Nice find!
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic