Re: Where are donors located that are supporting Democratic candidates

Very interesting to look at Oakland/Berkeley/Alameda support for Harris by zipcode. She gets Alameda, and the hills, which are where white people with money live. Unclear what's going on in the East Oakland flats because of the up-hill and down-hill overlaps of those zipcodes. Basically, with some lack of clarity about Black support in East Oakland. It appears her support is from rich white people and that areas with greater populations of poor people of color prefer Bernie. Pointing this out because of our discussion the other day about what Oakland thinks of her.

Marlene wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm Very interesting to look at Oakland/Berkeley/Alameda support for Harris by zipcode. She gets Alameda, and the hills, which are where white people with money live. Unclear what's going on in the East Oakland flats because of the up-hill and down-hill overlaps of those zipcodes. Basically, with some lack of clarity about Black support in East Oakland. It appears her support is from rich white people and that areas with greater populations of poor people of color prefer Bernie. Pointing this out because of our discussion the other day about what Oakland thinks of her.
Interesting, thanks for digging into the data. Similar in the LA area.
The wealthy Westside of Los Angeles, which Harris now calls home, has put millions into her career, which started in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Biggest contributors are lawyers, law firms and the entertainment industry.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I'm surprised, although the dollar amounts aren't massive regardless (in the grand scheme of things)- Didn't expect Bernie to be tops in my area, I would have thought that my neighboring town would have been more in alignment with that, but instead they chose Harris. Looks like we have a split in Wine Country.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Marlene wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm Very interesting to look at Oakland/Berkeley/Alameda support for Harris by zipcode. She gets Alameda, and the hills, which are where white people with money live. Unclear what's going on in the East Oakland flats because of the up-hill and down-hill overlaps of those zipcodes. Basically, with some lack of clarity about Black support in East Oakland. It appears her support is from rich white people and that areas with greater populations of poor people of color prefer Bernie. Pointing this out because of our discussion the other day about what Oakland thinks of her.
Good stuff, Marlene.

shinzen wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:05 am I'm surprised, although the dollar amounts aren't massive regardless (in the grand scheme of things)- Didn't expect Bernie to be tops in my area, I would have thought that my neighboring town would have been more in alignment with that, but instead they chose Harris. Looks like we have a split in Wine Country.
Me too, in northern wine country. Surprised by Harris' support, not Sanders. He made a stop in Cloverdale last time around, so definitely his territory.