How can pro-gun groups advocate for our rights?

Outside of joining the NRA (which I think most of us have issues with), the SAF, or other gun groups, what are some ways that we can get our voices out and heard to the candidates that seem to all be ignoring us (on both sides of the isle)?

I've written letters, made calls, and tried to get some real "common sense" injected into the discussion, but it seems that hysteria and overblown reporting have succeeded in demonizing guns. We need to mobilize and mobilize now to protect our rights, and I'm kind of feeling dejected by all the angles that we're getting hit on.

Any thoughts, words of encouragement, or plans of action?
Last edited by NegativeApproach on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: How can pro-gun groups advocate for our rights?

I attend county party meetings regularly and have been able to meet with many candidates from the area. I will be manning the DFL party booth at our county fair next weekend and will have LGC

information on root cause mitigation to show or hand out. Just little things but I have seen a positive response with the LGC mission statement and root cause. Being from the nra is a real negative with any democrat, unless they are getting money from them, and plenty of them do.

eelj wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm I attend county party meetings regularly and have been able to meet with many candidates from the area. I will be manning the DFL party booth at our county fair next weekend and will have LGC

information on root cause mitigation to show or hand out. Just little things but I have seen a positive response with the LGC mission statement and root cause. Being from the nra is a real negative with any democrat, unless they are getting money from them, and plenty of them do.
What information do you hand out? I have been considering designing my own that can attempt go up against the slick corporate everytown/MDA stuff that I keep seeing that spreads false anti-gun "facts".

NegativeApproach wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:21 pm
eelj wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm I attend county party meetings regularly and have been able to meet with many candidates from the area. I will be manning the DFL party booth at our county fair next weekend and will have LGC

What information do you hand out? I have been considering designing my own that can attempt go up against the slick corporate everytown/MDA stuff that I keep seeing that spreads false anti-gun "facts".
On the LGC home page there is the mission statement in the "about us" link. Then there is the root cause page. Paper copies can be printed off. Nothing beats a face to face encounter, they can't ignore you then. The LGC root cause is very effective when dealing with Dems that are actually liberal and progressive as it should be. Using the cold dead fingers crap or the tree of liberty being watered by the blood of tyrants just won't cut it and will just alienate.