Range Report Beretta Urika 391 Trap Gun

I decided to rush off to the clay course this afternoon to get in a round of sporting clays and to take this thing for a test drive. Having not picked up a shotgun since last year's annual meeting, I was quickly reminded of how I need to shoot more often than that and to also not go at the time of the day that's usually reserved for my geezer nap. I also forgot a towel for wiping the sweat off myself as me and humidity don't particularly care for each other. I did a rookie mistake and didn't properly secure one round into the tube and as I fiddled with fixing that I proceeded to close the bolt on my left thumb, causing a nice bloody mess. This all happened at the third or fourth station and I was ready to call it quits but instead, I resorted to sucking my thumb for the next hour and constantly spit out blood. I did horribly, 35 out of 100, but I need to do some tweaking to the adjustable comb. As for the recoil reducer, holy fuck, I have no real way of explaining it other than it's got to be at least half, if not more, than the recoil of a normal 12ga. The gun itself is considerably heavier than my o/u but I'm determined to make this my go to clays gun. I'm gonna try and make one more trip to the range with it either this weekend or the middle of next week after I do the tweaking.
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.

Re: Range Report Beretta Urika 391 Trap Gun

whitey wrote:I did a rookie mistake and didn't properly secure one round into the tube and as I fiddled with fixing that I proceeded to close the bolt on my left thumb, causing a nice bloody mess.
I didn't know you could get "M1 thumb" from a shotgun! We both learned something today.

Don't be discouraged! I know that's going to be a sweet shooter.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946