Carlson barrels

I picked up a 18.5" Carlson Barrel for my old Remington Wingmaster 870 12 ga. First, I wanted a short, tactical like barrel for self defense. It came with a rifled choke tube. I already have a Imp Cyl Rem choke which screws right in for buck shot and indoor defense.
I wanted the rifle choke tube for slug use against bears when picking barries are hiking some of Idaho's more 'grizzly' ish woods. Also, I have drawn a short range weapon antlerless moose tag for a local river bottom area. I will hunt with a Single action Ruger handgun some but I might use the slug gun too, depending on my mood that day. I didn't see the need for a full rifled barrel as in those bottoms, shots are going to be close,,,I have had them breath down my back when fishing there. I think 50 yards will be the outside and most likely, I will be able to set up on a 20 yard shot or closer. I like the quickness of a large brass bead instead of open sights for defense in the home and in the woods. I am used to it.

The reviews seemed good on this barrel for close in shots with solid, rifled and even saboted slugs out to around 75 yards.

Just wondering if any of you have used a system like this in defense or hunting and if you have ever shot 00 buckshot through the rifled choke tube? I am wondering because I might use both 00 buck or slugs out in the forest for defense. I think in close on a large mtn lion or pack of woves, I think 00 buck might be nice....so perhaps 00 buck on the first shot then slugs after that.
The most practical kind of politics is the politics of decency.
Theodore Roosevelt