Got a new to us Remington 11-87 Premier

The past few weeks my gassing transitioned from side arms to shotguns. My dad gave me his 1941 Remington Model 11 the last time I saw him before he passed in 2005. I had some emotions holding me back from shooting dad's gun for a long time.

I have been getting the urge to shoot some clays again and there are some ranges that have been built for that not far from the home.

But my shooting buddy (and wife') had no shotgun! I started looking for a soft shooter as both of us are dialysis patients with catheters in our chests located not far off the shoulder.

Research led me to the 1100 and 11-87. She wanted us to get a gun with walnut stock and if possible engraving on the receiver. We saw a listing on Gunbroker.com that included additional gun stocks and fore arms and I ended up being the lucky winner! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =468917430

We haven't had a chance to go shooting so that report will have to wait.

We have made arrangements to have the gun sized and one of the wood stocks cut down to fit Dawn as she needs a 13 inch LOP and it is right now over 14 inches. This leaves a stock that fits me too as well as one suitable for turkey and goose hunting.

Re: Got a new to us Remington 11-87 Premier

We took the gun and extra stock to the gunsmith and had the gun sized for Dawn. He is going to repair the stock where some wood was chipped off and cut it down to give her about a 13 LOP.

We should get it back in the nest few days then we'll go to the range and shoot and pattern all three shotguns (we have a little single shot 16 ga. too).

I was lucky to draw a tag in the local quota turkey hunt so I am excited!!