Decided...Beretta a300 inbound

Because of the stupid laws in CA, I was seriously considering spending my shotgun budget on a new pistol (new pistols will become illegal in 2016).

But then I realized that very range in the county shuts its' doors at 5pm, except the two trap ranges. And with me working and going to school, I need some flexibility in scheduling range time.

So I'm buying an all synthetic Beretta A300. I will probably deck it out in some sexy accessories from Briley when I get the chance.

I've only shot 6 clays in my entire life, so this is definately new territory for me.

Thanks for all your help in picking a scattergun!

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Re: Decided...Beretta a300 inbound

Great!! Glad you were able to pull the trigger on a Beretta A300 shotgun...and just in time. The rebate runs out tomorrow.

I've been shooting Beretta shotguns since 1994 and have never been disappointed. I hope you like them as much as I do. I also hope you enjoy shooting clays...it can be a highly addictive and very frustrating pursuit, much like golf. Watch some YouTube videos, practice as much as you can, but most importantly, have fun!

dcramer64 wrote:Great!! Glad you were able to pull the trigger on a Beretta A300 shotgun...and just in time. The rebate runs out tomorrow.

I've been shooting Beretta shotguns since 1994 and have never been disappointed. I hope you like them as much as I do. I also hope you enjoy shooting clays...it can be a highly addictive and very frustrating pursuit, much like golf. Watch some YouTube videos, practice as much as you can, but most importantly, have fun!
Any youtube videos you would recommend?

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:
dcramer64 wrote:How to Shoot Trap with Chris Batha would be a good place to start.
Watched all those while waiting in the financial aid office. They were great, especially the last one.

That cat can shoot!

Any others?
I suggest doing a search of YouTube for sporting clays, trap shooting, and skeet shooting. You'll find lots. Each instructor has a slightly different way of teaching and you learn something different from each of them. My shooting style has become somewhat of a conglomeration of several...but I lean toward Batha. He has videos on shooting skeet and sporting clays as well as trap.