Re: Mossberg Maverick Hunter

Didn't even realize it was a thing. Looks like street price is $400 or so. My local FFL kept trying to convince me to go with the silver reserve instead of the CZ Redhead Premier, but mixed reviews pushed me back to the CZ. But for $400, it gets you into an O/U, not a big risk.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Wasn't familiar with it, but I look forward to hearing from someone who knows about it.

Around here, the "bargain" O/U's are Turkish-made Yildiz guns sold at the Academy Sports & Outdoors chain. They're incredibly light, point well, and all the ones I've seen have way prettier wood than what I've seen on any other $400 firearm.

My concern with the Yildiz's - and maybe the Maverick is a solution to this - is whether parts are going to be available down the line. Then again, I'm guessing most O/U shotgunners don't run their equipment at the extremes of a combat pump gun.
I carry for Kitty Genovese.

Inquisitor wrote:LGS has one for 300 used.

Also has a Lamber m2087 which I know less about...
Seems like a fair price for the Mossberg. If you're just looking to bust skeet or throw a couple 00-Buck in there for HD, you're going to be alright.

I think Lanber is a Spanish company IIRC.
LGC Texas - Vice President

atxgunguy wrote:

Seems like a fair price for the Mossberg. If you're just looking to bust skeet or throw a couple 00-Buck in there for HD, you're going to be alright.

Bust clays with something other than a street sweeper or trench gun.

Inquisitor wrote:
atxgunguy wrote:

Unless you're opposed to a pump action Remington 870...which can be had for about 3 bills down here. It will bust clays all day and you get 4+1 capacity to boot.
LGC Texas - Vice President

atxgunguy wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
atxgunguy wrote:

Unless you're opposed to a pump action Remington 870...which can be had for about 3 bills down here. It will bust clays all day and you get 4+1 capacity to boot.

I have a trench gun already :)

Someone scooped the Maverick. The Lamber was till there, so what the hell. It has chokes installed, not sure what diameter they are, and probably need to look up how to get others :)