Adding a bayonet to SBS Shotgun

So I got this idea from an American rifleman article about "Zombie shooting events" where the guy added a bayonet to his Stoeger Double-defense 12GA Side by side.

Would it be safe to shoot 00Buck with this thing attached ? I decided to give it a shot on mine with the philosophy of use being a "siege weapon" for quick deployment against multiple invaders and a Glock 17 as a "mop up tool".

The bayonet is 3 and 3/4 inches long and rests about 3/4 of an inch below the muzzle.

At what point does 00 Buck start to spread?

Thanks!
IMG_6442.JPG
IMG_6443.JPG
IMG_6444.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Adding a bayonet to SBS Shotgun

Not sure about a bayonet but I've read up on and heard a few owners talk about adding a tube extension on pump and semis that goes beyond the end of the barrel. No reports of the extension taking a hit. Shot doesn't immediately spread after exiting so no mishaps.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

My extension sticks out a couple of inches past the barrel and around 1/4" parallel to the barrel. I've seen people with extensions as long as a foot beyond the barrel. It's not a big deal unless you actually want to hit your target – long extensions make the gun unbalanced (especially when filled with shells) and they tend to wobble after a shot making it a bit more difficult to get back on target quickly. Worst thing you'll see is some carbon on the bayonet.

Simmer down wrote:Not sure about a bayonet but I've read up on and heard a few owners talk about adding a tube extension on pump and semis that goes beyond the end of the barrel. No reports of the extension taking a hit. Shot doesn't immediately spread after exiting so no mishaps.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I see what you mean about the actually cone of the shot spread.

spara wrote:My extension sticks out a couple of inches past the barrel and around 1/4" parallel to the barrel. I've seen people with extensions as long as a foot beyond the barrel. It's not a big deal unless you actually want to hit your target – long extensions make the gun unbalanced (especially when filled with shells) and they tend to wobble after a shot making it a bit more difficult to get back on target quickly. Worst thing you'll see is some carbon on the bayonet.
Thanks for the input spara - I wouldn't think the American Rifleman legal dept would allow an article suggesting Someone make an unsafe mod, but I wanted to get a more experienced shotgunner opinion !

AmirMortal wrote:Just for fun, I have used my M590A1 with bayonet affixed, for shooting clays. It did not effect the bayonet in any way.
Hey Folks,

My zombie huntin fun gun is just about done. Thanks again for your feedback and big shout out to Spara for turning me on to the beartooth comb riser kit. Im waiting on the one with the side saddle and will replace this generic elastic one. Then ill have the cheekweld issue solved and comence hunting down the undead!
IMG_6545.JPG
IMG_6544.JPG
IMG_6546.JPG