Re: Ruger LCP-LM 380 with laser

Progurt wrote:Thinking about this for a concealed carry gun, thoughts?
RUGER LCP-LM 380 PISTOL W/LASERMAX

Ruger website for same

Anybody have one of these, had any pluses or negatives with them?
I have one I carry it every day in front pocket. I don't like laser because in a self defense there is time wasted looking for the dot.
Plus the laser limits the holsters you can use.
First 50 rounds had a failure to feed but after a breakin and a little lube i got no problems since. I use red dot SD ammo
check out this forum
http://elsiepeaforum.com/
it is a good place because they don't allow criticism of POTUS or liberals ore any political crap
How to Embed a Youtube Video - click here
If you live a long life, it is a testament to your friends' self control.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

I've got an LCP as well. Standard sights.

I looked at one with a crimson trace, but---to me the laser felt flimsy, like it would lose its zero if I dropped the gun a few times. Might be subjective, but I dunno. I just immediately didn't trust it.

For the same price as a laser, this company will put high profile night sights on the gun:
http://innovativearms.com/id15.html

Cost is $140. I am sending mine out at the end of this month.

Just my 2 cents, I had a Ruger lcp and a Taurus tcp 380, Had a hard time with both weapons lot of flip from the Ruger, the Taurus sent the spent casing back in my face 90% of the time so sold them both and bought a Smith and Wesson bodyguard and I love it, it is a little heaver less flip very accurate fits my hand and it will eat anything I put in it, never had a jam..... I would seriously consider looking at the bodyguard....

irishman wrote:Just my 2 cents, I had a Ruger lcp and a Taurus tcp 380, Had a hard time with both weapons lot of flip from the Ruger, the Taurus sent the spent casing back in my face 90% of the time so sold them both and bought a Smith and Wesson bodyguard and I love it, it is a little heaver less flip very accurate fits my hand and it will eat anything I put in it, never had a jam..... I would seriously consider looking at the bodyguard....
So the first time I fired the LCP there was a gentleman in the stall next to me, When I finished I noticed he had a mini pistol with a laser it was the new S&W. He had a very small group on the target, he offered to let me shoot it but i passed maybe I should have tried it. Now I'll have to check one out too. Damn! Just when I think I've got it right, you have to send me off to spend more money.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

I'm also thinking about the LCP for CCW. Want something easy to slip in my pocket, and I'm a very skinny guy... wanted to get the j-frame revolver in that front pocket, but it looks like I have a leg tumor, engorged part of my anatomy or a gun in my pocket - take your pick.

From what I've read and talk to people about, the LCP is a good one. Recoil is sharp and 'significant,' but the gun is pretty accurate and you can still put quite a few rounds downrange for practice in one session without damage to your hand. Reliability issues don't seem to be chronic and the gun does what it is supposed to.

I'd rather carry a small/compact 9 or 45 IWB, but this might be my choice for a temporary "everyday" solution. As someone said to me yesterday, re: pocket guns, "It's almost too easy..."

A

From the Elsie Pea forum

this guy says he likes having the extra firepower of the 9mm on his hip, but he envisions himself getting shot while reaching for it. With his hand already on Elsie in his pocket, if a BG demands his wallet, the movement he will be making will be what the BG expects. It all comes down to the situation and what opportunity to draw he has. It's always good to have more than one option.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

GuitarsandGuns wrote:From the Elsie Pea forum

this guy says he likes having the extra firepower of the 9mm on his hip, but he envisions himself getting shot while reaching for it. With his hand already on Elsie in his pocket, if a BG demands his wallet, the movement he will be making will be what the BG expects. It all comes down to the situation and what opportunity to draw he has. It's always good to have more than one option.
I've thought about his and I would think if you carry at say 4 or 5 o'clock the move you will be making will be of someone who carries their wallet in the back pocket. "Give me your money" says the perp. "Ok, ok!" As you go for your "wallet."

All that said, I have an LCP and love it. As for the laser, I've been thinking of adding a Laserlyte to the side. Not useful in all situations, but it might come in handy.