Re: What is your prefered stance for handgun shooting?

the comedian wrote:I usually use the standard Weaver, but lately have been experimenting with the Isocoles. I still shoot better using the Weaver, though- maybe 'cause I'm used to it.
Any thoughts?

I am opposite I can shoot weaver I just don't care for it. I also use a Cup and saucer grip.

I also go for the gangster style or would if I had a Glock.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Paladin wrote:Weaver

That's about what I use, slightly modified. For my feet though, I use the same general stance that I use for other martial arts. Feet about shoulder width apart, rear foot about 45* behind, front foot pointing at the enemy(feet about at 90* off from each other) with knees slightly bent. I almost never stand with my feet together squared off to anything, I don't believe in squaring up or off with a target. You present the largest possible target, and your structure is generally least stable in that stance, but then, I prefer "soft" styles.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

I target shoot from different positions that I would use in the field, some kind of rest always, if I shoot from an unrested position I use the weaver stance with as tight a grip as I can, pushing forward with strong hand and pulling with weak hand. I suppose if I was in a gun fight I would use a mailbox or garbage can rest position unless it was against a guy using the gangster hold then I would ask my wife for her make up mirror so I could see how many shots it would take shooting over my shoulder.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

All this talk of stance and I had to see what I used. I am top half Isosceles and bottom half weaver. I like my shoulders square to adsorb recoil. Just like in a prone position with a rifle you stay behind it.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

the comedian wrote:Isosceles! Jeez, I was channeling Tea Bagger spelling for awhile there. You know, like Restor the Constituton!

Firefox has a good spell check I could not spell it right on a bet.

—Joe Strummer