Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38

Fukshot wrote:Unfortunately, the .22 isn't offered in the round butt configuration.
I was starting to think that after googleing a bit. Yeah, they and the Ruger SA 22s are a bit more than I want to spend right now, but I do appreciate the heads up. Now I have another option, when I decide to get a nice SAA.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln

Fukshot wrote:You can't go wrong with a Single Six. They hold their value over time like no gun I have ever seen outside of antique Smiths and Colts.
I know, I'm really tempted to get one soon. I think I might try trading some AR stuff for one over on Calguns.
-Abraham Lincoln

Fukshot wrote:Stay away from the ones with scope mounts. Ugly.
I know right? Actually, I kinda prefer revolvers with just the minimal rear sight groove. If I try to do a trade I'll also be open to trade for a Bearcat. The only reason I'd prefer a Single Six over the Bearcat is for the added heft not so much the adjustable sights.
-Abraham Lincoln

JinxRemoving wrote:I'd like to be the immature fool to dwell on the totally un-remarked-upon use of the term "round butt."

Do you think Sir Mix-a-lot owns a .22? Would this be the one he would choose?
I believe he owns a Colt. An Anaconda. Them other brothers can't deny.
-Abraham Lincoln

commandZee wrote:
JinxRemoving wrote:I'd like to be the immature fool to dwell on the totally un-remarked-upon use of the term "round butt."

Good catch, I missed that first time around!
"Smell the hot rain on the street; it could be love, it could be alcohol."

JinxRemoving wrote:
commandZee wrote:

Good catch, I missed that first time around!
You can be right, the Anaconda isn't chambered for 22 :laugh:
-Abraham Lincoln

Fukshot wrote:You won't see sophisticated discourse like this on AR15 dot com. That's for damn sure.
Fuckin' A, Bubba!

mark

Uberti makes a GREAT SAA, and that lil' .38 Spl is very nice indeed!

http://www.benelliusa.com/assets/review ... ng2012.pdf

thanks.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...

Guns like these piss me off about Ruger, the single six at the very least with a five round cylinder could handle the 38spec. The Bear Cat with a five round cylinder has been proven to handle the 32H&R, I think the super black hawk could easily handle the 480 with a 5 shot cylinder. I think those guns would sell.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

eelj wrote:Guns like these piss me off about Ruger, the single six at the very least with a five round cylinder could handle the 38spec. The Bear Cat with a five round cylinder has been proven to handle the 32H&R, I think the super black hawk could easily handle the 480 with a 5 shot cylinder. I think those guns would sell.
What about a 7 shot .357 GP101 or 6 shot unfluted .357 SP101 in blued steel? Come to think of it, what about an 8 shot .357 Redhawk? Any of these would sell like crazy.
-Abraham Lincoln

commandZee wrote:
eelj wrote:Guns like these piss me off about Ruger, the single six at the very least with a five round cylinder could handle the 38spec. The Bear Cat with a five round cylinder has been proven to handle the 32H&R, I think the super black hawk could easily handle the 480 with a 5 shot cylinder. I think those guns would sell.
What about a 7 shot .357 GP101 or 6 shot unfluted .357 SP101 in blued steel? Come to think of it, what about an 8 shot .357 Redhawk? Any of these would sell like crazy.
They made the redhawk in 357 years ago. The toughest 357 ever made. people didn't buy it.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

commandZee wrote:Actually, I kinda prefer revolvers with just the minimal rear sight groove.
Question for you revolver gurus:

I have a Pietta replica of a 1851 Navy Colt, which I think has really elegant lines.

One of the design elements I like is the rear sight notch on the (cocked) hammer. This is so damned clever, in that it gives a maximal sight radius, and it adds to the sleek look of the gun by keeping a rear sight off the frame/barrel.

My question is, has any other SA revolver copied this clever design element? If not, why not?
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

eelj wrote:
commandZee wrote:
They made the redhawk in 357 years ago. The toughest 357 ever made. people didn't buy it.
Did it have a 8 shot cylinder? A 6 shot .357 Redhawk would be too much gun for the round.
-Abraham Lincoln

larrymod wrote:
commandZee wrote:Actually, I kinda prefer revolvers with just the minimal rear sight groove.
Question for you revolver gurus:

I have a Pietta replica of a 1851 Navy Colt, which I think has really elegant lines.

One of the design elements I like is the rear sight notch on the (cocked) hammer. This is so damned clever, in that it gives a maximal sight radius, and it adds to the sleek look of the gun by keeping a rear sight off the frame/barrel.

My question is, has any other SA revolver copied this clever design element? If not, why not?
ALL the old percussion Colts had this as far as I know, and the conversion Colts...the 1873 SAA started with the grooved top strap.

mark
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...