Who wants to talk to the media?

Hi everyone.

We are constantly getting email requests from the media asking for LGC members who might be willing to share their story. In the past I have known pretty much all the members and was able to quickly pick a few to email and ask if they were interested in talking to the media. However, my duties have shifted away from being a presence on the board and I know few of the new guys. Also, having to email every person every time to ask if they are interested and then emailing the interviewer back the contact information slows down the whole process to a crawl - causing us to miss some interesting media opportunities

So, I have created a quick and dirty form. If you would like to be available to talk to the media as a liberal who owns guns, take a few minutes to give me your name (as much of it as you are willing to share, or even just your "handle"), contact info and a quick blurb. Put as little or as much info on this form as you are comfortable with. In the "comments" section please put anything about yourself that you think a reporter might be interested in (for example: "lifetime NRA member", "LEO") and anything they might want to know about you before talking (for example: "will only speak on condition of anonymity", "willing to email but no phone", "only willing to talk about the club, not about politics", etc). We will make our best efforts to pre-screen all media and try to confirm their credentials. We will also only share info if we think you might fit the type of person they are after. Thanks!

The form can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hchlos ... o/viewform
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Re: Who wants to talk to the media?

gendoikari wrote:
mark wrote:
gendoikari wrote:Me. Although you might want to note I'm technically liberal adjacent in the marxist category.
ou

lol. you always have to be difficult dontcha? ;)
I'm Unique.
???

"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Re: Who wants to talk to the media?

brandonsmash wrote:What, kind of like the Good magazine deal? I am kind of on the fence. I don't like to think that my views are representative of anyone's except my own.
There are constantly people asking for "liberal gun owners who want to talk to the media". Some of them would be like Good, others would be different for sure. So, this list is both for the current guy asking for people to talk to, and for my records so I know who is interested in chatting with reporters in the future.

And I think that your second concern is a good one, when I talk to these people I let them know that, like the American public in general, gun owners are a diverse lot with political leanings all over the spectrum. If I feel that the interviewer is earnestly trying to get an honest feel for what liberal gun owners are like, I will try to connect them to LGC members who are interested. But I let them know that, unlike some other groups, we are not a monolithic block, they will find a diversity of opinions. And I let them know that none of you are speaking officially as a representative of the club. :)

So, if you are interested, please add your name to the list. That way I don't have to try to hunt people down every time someone asks, and I don't have to ask the same 5 people over and over again. :)

Thanks.
- Lord Byron