LGC Logo AR Lower thread

Since I've not seen any action on this from other people, I'm going to step forward and if I'm too forward, I'm assuming mark will slap me down.

So, this is what I've come up with. My normal AR company (Del Ton) does engraving and will do group buy discounts. The more people who want one, the less expensive they are per lower. Speaking of which, what you'd be receiving is a stripped lower, shipped to your FFL with the LGC logo on it.

Which LGC logo? Someone is working on a stylized version of the official musket man logo.

Cost should be between $120 and $150 shipped (possibly even lower, depending on how many people we have ordering one), sans transfer fees which are contingent on the dealer you go through.

PRICE UPDATE: if we ordered 20-25 it would be roughly $95-105 as long as the logo isn't complicated. This is just the cost of the part.

If you're interested, please reply here so I can get a tally. EDIT: I will keep a tally of everyone who's IN here.

Mark, if I overstepped, sorry.

So far, we have these lowers tallied:

Me: 2
judgepacker: 1
masonalannz: 1
AmirMortal: 1
LastResort: 1
Mark: 1
Paladin: 1
mvelimir: 2
amrev360: 1
stickman: 1
MetalSlugIV: 1
JayFromPA: 1
whitey: 1
Bumbazine 1

The closing deadline for this will be February 19th. This will give people time to save up the money for their LGC AR lower.

UPDATE 2.10.11: I emailed Del Ton with the logo and am awaiting instructions and final quote. I will keep this first post updated.

UPDATE 2.11.11: Del Ton responded with "we'll get back to you tomorrow. That's a clean logo."

UPDATE 2.14.11:

Ok, I just talked with Del-Ton. Here's how it works.

Call Del Ton. 910-645-2172 (extension zero for, hopefully, laura) EMPHASIS ON CALLING DEL TON

Tell them you want to order the LGC stripped lower and that "Kyle with the hyphenated last name" is your contact point. I've been speaking with Laura, so if you can get her, so much the better.

Place your order. The lowers are $95 + S&H. Get lower parts kits and other items from the Del Ton website.

You have to have your FFL on file with Del Ton. Your FFL needs to either fax them a signed, legible copy, or email them a signed legible copy.

Any questions?

Deadline is now the 19th.

UPDATE 2.18.11: You should be able to place the orders next week as well. This is the picture Laura sent me of the first lower:

UPDATE 2.21.2011: Laura has generously offered to give us the rest of the month with this deal. Just mention the LGC and "Hyphen Kyle" when you place your order.
Last edited by KVoimakas on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 am, edited 34 times in total.

Re: LGC Logo AR Lower thread

You guys can put whatever logo on it that you want, but the official logo is this one:

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/wp-con ... utemen.jpg

I want to take that logo and also make a alternate version where its just the silhouette of the minutemen in an oval. I haven't had time to do that yet, but that might also work. If someone likes to play in photoshop, I have hi-res versions of the official logo.

If the group decides it likes other logos better, that is fine by me.
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

rofl...

The quotes below are me, the responses below are Mark's....
I just modified the one from one of the shops to get the one above. I thought simpler was better but am entirely willing to change the logo.
That makes perfect sense. There were several early logos and some look better on shirts than others. But the 'official' one is the one above.
More importantly: you going to get one? 8-)
Maybe :)
Also, can you send me the high res pic?
Yeah, let me work on modifying it so it will look good on the upper - make it just black silhouettes on an oval.
Last edited by KVoimakas on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kv, I think I accidentally edited your post ratherthan quoting it. Iwill fix it later - on road right now.

edit: looks like you took care of it. Sorry about that.
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

LastResort wrote:If the minute man is done right, I'd prefer that. My thoughts would be a white oval, black minute man (single), and the X on his back in white.

You wanna work on that? :D
- Lord Byron

LastResort wrote:
KVoimakas wrote:So should I put you down for one?
Sure.
mark wrote:You wanna work on that? :D
I'm no graphic designer, but I'll see what I can do tonight.

If you are serious I have a high res version in various formats, including photoshop psd.
- Lord Byron

mark wrote:
LastResort wrote:
KVoimakas wrote:So should I put you down for one?
Sure.
mark wrote:You wanna work on that? :D
I'm no graphic designer, but I'll see what I can do tonight.

If you are serious I have a high res version in various formats, including photoshop psd.
Hey hey! I wanna try my hand too... :(

KVoimakas wrote:Since I've not seen any action on this from other people, I'm going to step forward and if I'm too forward, I'm assuming mark will slap me down.

So, this is what I've come up with. My normal AR company (Del Ton) does engraving and will do group buy discounts. The more people who want one, the less expensive they are per lower. Speaking of which, what you'd be receiving is a stripped lower, shipped to your FFL with the LGC logo on it.

Which LGC logo?

This one, slightly modified as you see here:

It's not going to be as big engraved on the receiver so it's not going to look as crappy since it's pixelated in the blown up version I'm showing here. EDIT: -2 English points for crappy sentence structure.

Cost should be between $120 and $150 shipped (possibly even lower, depending on how many people we have ordering one), sans transfer fees which are contingent on the dealer you go through.

If you're interested, please reply here so I can get a tally. EDIT: I will keep a tally of everyone who's IN here.

Mark, if I overstepped, sorry.

So far, we have these lowers tallied:

Me: 2
judgepacker: 1
masonalannz: 1 (tentatively)
AmirMortal: 1 (tentatively)
LastResort: 1
Mark: 32
Just joining for a quick note (don't put me on the list).

Gosh, at those prices, I would be tempted to get up to 4 (I can hear some anti's ear drums pop: "Who the hell needs 4 machine guns"). But I don't know of a trusted (read affordable) FFL close by.

I'm not really an AR type anyway. :smart:

Xela
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida

I need to double-check with my local FFL but am probably in.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."

-G.K. Chesterton

I have fiscal approval, I'm in. So I'm curious, will these be shipped from the manufacturer, or from KV's place? Mostly just wondering who to send the FFL info to. Maybe we should have them shipped to Love&A.45, who is the LGC's resident FFL?
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

AmirMortal wrote:I have fiscal approval, I'm in. So I'm curious, will these be shipped from the manufacturer, or from KV's place? Mostly just wondering who to send the FFL info to. Maybe we should have them shipped to Love&A.45, who is the LGC's resident FFL?
My understanding is that they'll be shipped from the manufacturer to your local FFL. I won't accept a firearm just to send it out again. It would probably bring down the ATF and I'd rather not do anything that even has a hint of being illegal.

KVoimakas wrote:
AmirMortal wrote:I have fiscal approval, I'm in. So I'm curious, will these be shipped from the manufacturer, or from KV's place? Mostly just wondering who to send the FFL info to. Maybe we should have them shipped to Love&A.45, who is the LGC's resident FFL?
My understanding is that they'll be shipped from the manufacturer to your local FFL. I won't accept a firearm just to send it out again. It would probably bring down the ATF and I'd rather not do anything that even has a hint of being illegal.
Agree! When I said your Place, I meant your FFL. That sounds good to me. So what do we have now, 10 or 11 folks who want these? If we wait until the end of the month we may get more, as many people filter in and out and are not daily posters. We ought to be able to get a decent price yes? or will we need more for the group discount?
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter