Re: LGC Logo AR Lower thread

Inquisitor wrote:I am tempted, just because everyone else is doing it.

I will never build an AR though.
You could always just make it into a .22LR or something. There are even a couple of mods to make it into a crossbow if you like that idea. If you were really bored, you couid even make it into a straight-pull bolt-action, like the Brits do. I'm not sure what I'll end up building mine into, or when I'll end up putting it together, but hey, even just sitting on the mantle or in the safe, I'll have it. :cool2:
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

LGC Logo AR Lower thread

AmirMortal wrote:

You could always just make it into a .22LR or something. There are even a couple of mods to make it into a crossbow if you like that idea. If you were really bored, you couid even make it into a straight-pull bolt-action, like the Brits do. I'm not sure what I'll end up building mine into, or when I'll end up putting it together, but hey, even just sitting on the mantle or in the safe, I'll have it. :cool2:
I'm going with a beuwolf or an fn 57
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Paladin wrote:
AmirMortal wrote:

I'm going with a beuwolf or an fn 57
I really wish that some engineer/manufacturer would figure out how to adapt that AR57 system to fire 7.62x25 Tok. :yes:
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

KV, do you have a link to the company that makes those? It's not quite what I was thinking of, as the AR57 uses the FN P90 mags and they sit flush to the top of the rifle, but that is very interesting none the less. I am also interested in the 7.62x39 upper.

EELJ, you're killing me! :lol: :lol: I got a serious belly laugh out of that, and I would absolutely love for you to have that. Hell, now I want one.

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

I'd like TOK-AR also but anything I found on the net is way too pricey. Anyway, this month in the Shotgun News, Steven Mathews is writing a part 1 of his story about building Tok AR. He's machining on a lathe a barrel from used 30-06 Garand barrel but I have some other ideas in mind. I can't wait next month issue where he should be talking on modifying a magwell to accept PPSh magazines.

If this gun becomes a reality, I'm going to buy every single 7.62x25 on the planet and just sell everything else I have, because we all know (right? right?) that 7.62x25 is the best zombie round out there!
"It works.........Bitches"

eelj wrote:You guys wouldn't even want to know what I would like with a LGC sanctioned logo on.
Hope it's not your penis...because that would somehow hurt and be somewhat difficult difficult to display the logo in a proper sitting, especially if your cold :whistle:
"Profits are privatized. Losses are socialized."

"We postulate that man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole."

This will be a hard call for me should I ever get around to building it. For practicality 7.62x39 makes logical sense for me. It's legal to hunt with and I already have a rifle chambered for it.

But...

One of the things I always loved about the M16 was pinging the 300yd silhouette, easy. I have this odd attachment to the A2. Somehow it just seems "right" to me. No idea why. :)

Woe is me. Nobody understands the suffering I endure.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

GlockLobster wrote:
eelj wrote:You guys wouldn't even want to know what I would like with a LGC sanctioned logo on.
Hope it's not your penis...because that would somehow hurt and be somewhat difficult difficult to display the logo in a proper sitting, especially if your cold :whistle:
A Canadian is in a California spa with several of his coworkers, they're in the sauna. The canadian's towel accidentally falls to the ground as he stands, revealing that he has a tattoo in fairly large block lettering on his penis. His friends are tense for a moment, then the boldest one of them says "Hey Bob, how come you have the word 'SWAN' tattooed on your junk?"

The Canadian replies "Well, I guess junk is subjective, and you read it wrong. It says SASKATCHEWAN"

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

That commie round sounds good because it is so cheap to get.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

KVoimakas wrote:Amir: the link for one is in the video. Ar15.com would be a good place to look for more info.
Yeah, I can't seem to get the link from my phone. :no: Oh well, I won't be able to get the upper for a good while yet anyway.

eelj and Mason, just think what these first run lowers will be worth to your decendents when the LGC hits its 150th anniversary. :D

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Re: Re: LGC Logo AR Lower thread

AmirMortal wrote:
KVoimakas wrote:Amir: the link for one is in the video. Ar15.com would be a good place to look for more info.
Yeah, I can't seem to get the link from my phone. :no: Oh well, I won't be able to get the upper for a good while yet anyway.

eelj and Mason, just think what these first run lowers will be worth to your decendents when the LGC hits its 150th anniversary. :D
Heh. I know. I mean, look at how many Mark is buying....

LGC Logo AR Lower thread

masonalannz wrote:
Paladin wrote:That commie round sounds good because it is so cheap to get.
Which one x25 or x39
The 39 I think.

—Joe Strummer