LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCHES 1 & 2

Below is a link to the revised directions and schedules for the first two LGC Bullseye Club matches.

The post also includes an introduction to the Bullseye Club concept and a link for much more info on precision pistol competition.

LGC Bullseye Club Match Details.pdf
(110.08 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
The download tally is reset every time the attachment is updated or edited.

As of Jan. 10th, 2016, the match details have been downloaded more than 160 times.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: NEW LGC BULLSEYE CLUB REVISED MATCH DETAILS

I hope I added correctly.

As you can see from my range report cyberflung all over Hell and gone, that I shot one for the centerfire. The worst was 15 yards in two minutes: 34. Most were high. When I slow shot at 15, not high.Some learning to do there, clearly. The best at 7 rapid--strange: 94.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

atxgunguy wrote:Apologies if I misread the details, but are the matches for just rimfire pistols, or is there also a division for rimfire rifles too?
Having just shot the bullseye match, they are for pistols only but both rimfire and centerfire pistols with either irons or glass.

Catalyst

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

:yahoo: All hail PDF! Measures spot-on. Nice not to have to throw all those in the recycling bin.

But I encountered sleet halfway to the range, and turned back. Precip was not in the forecast for the afternoon, so that was an unwelcome surprise. Should have gone yesterday when the sun was shining.
:oops2:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote::yahoo: All hail PDF! Measures spot-on. Nice not to have to throw all those in the recycling bin.

But I encountered sleet halfway to the range, and turned back. Precip was not in the forecast for the afternoon, so that was an unwelcome surprise. Should have gone yesterday when the sun was shining.
:oops2:
Freezing rain and 27 deg. F. south of you in Corvallis, OR. Good call on turning back; you can ice skate on the sidewalk in front of my house. Good luck on the bullseye shoot when you get out there. :)

In case you want to get dedicated targets, Amazon has good prices on B-2, B-3, and others. I practice on printed targets on scrap paper, but shoot for score on the real McCoy. Seems like some savvy indoor range should come up with an auto-score system based on where your bullet passes through a hologram at a given distance. Hey, they have the scoring tech for tennis and bowling, right? ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

A few quick comments. Not many are necessary because I've noted that almost every question posted here has been immediately answered correctly by other members.

1. Yes, the regular postal matches have been slightly delayed because I wanted to get the Bullseye Club off to a good start, and I didn't want to put too much deadline pressure on those members likely to shoot both. The regular schedule will begin again shortly. The regular postal matches usually run about six-eight weeks. The planned Bullseye schedule will run five-six weeks per match, so there will be some overlap.

2. Another reason for not running a regular postal match now is weather related. I wanted to schedule a fairly long-distance rifle event, but in many parts of the country that would be almost impossible now. So the next postal match will likely be a "gallery" type match with one event for pistols (rimfire and centerfire) and another for .22 rifles. Watch for the details later this month.

3. The second Bullseye match begins immediately after this one concludes next week. That will be the normal routine. It's an ongoing event.

4. Reminder: Bullseye match #1 is almost over. Get your scores in. The sooner you shoot two matches, the sooner you'll have a handicap score.

Thanks!

jimwil wrote:Good to learn the full details on this event for the member not to get mislead. I am really much interested with the shotgun to use during the competition and how many shall be allowed to carry with?
throwing star
:welcome: please introduce yourself in the new member section!

The bullseye matches are for handguns, but the postal matches will be starting back soon! The postal matches typically have a variety of guns.
Frogger

Member of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Liberal Gun Club
---

jimwil wrote:Good to learn the full details on this event for the member not to get mislead. I am really much interested with the shotgun to use during the competition and how many shall be allowed to carry with?
Serious? I'll assume so for now. Frogger is right about the variety in the regular matches, but let me add this: we don't currently include a shotgun division..

Frogger wrote:
throwing star
:welcome: please introduce yourself in the new member section!

The bullseye matches are for handguns, but the postal matches will be starting back soon! The postal matches typically have a variety of guns.
It's a spammer, reported.

We see that type all the time on another forum I'm on, a superficially somewhat legit post with more or less hidden links. Don't click them!
Paco wrote:
Serious? I'll assume so for now. Frogger is right about the variety in the regular matches, but let me add this: we don't currently include a shotgun division..