National Vulnerability Database, computer virus detect

For those of you who understand this stuff, it might be useful. I found it by accident looking for info on android phone scanner apps. Surprisingly the sight that lead to NVD, says you dont need android virus scans, they are redundant to the built in safeties google provides, and its hard to put malware or a virus on an android system. The NVD showed only 4 known ways, and they all need special software installed first to work, so according to what i read, and likely completely misunderstood, if I keep external untrusted sources turned off, and only download from certified sources, android is safe. *cough cough* im still not ditching my virus app just yet.

https://nvd.nist.gov/home.cfm

National Vulnerability Database

NVD is the U.S. government repository of standards based vulnerability management data represented using the Security Content Automation Protocol(SCAP). This data enables automation of vulnerability management, security measurement, and compliance. NVD includes databases of security checklists, security related software flaws, misconfigurations, product names, and impact metrics.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more