New-ish member from IL

I think this is my first post, maybe, but I joined LGC back in early April. I live in unincorporated McHenry Township, IL with my spouse, two kids, two dogs and too many cats. I grew up around guns (had a 20-gauge shotgun for duck hunting when I was 11) but until a Ruby dropped into my lap a few years back, had not fired a firearm in a long time. I forgot, it's kinda fun.

Re: New-ish member from IL

Welcome to the best gun board on the 'net. I'm in Illinois as well....I love it here in Illinois aside from the BS and politics.

It'll get better!

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Thanks, everyone. I like it in Illinois. The politics, well, ehnh, but I grew up in Arkansas and you couldn't pay me to move back. Mostly I hate the weather here -- not much cooler in the summer than where I grew up, but a hell of a lot colder in the winter -- MASSIVE RIPOFF.

I get to go pick up my second pistol ever this evening -- an M&P 2.0 Compact.

It's an Esperanza y Unceta. It's in excellent condition to (possibly) be so old. It belonged to a relative of my in-laws -- when they were clearing out her house for sale, they found it. I wouldn't be surprised if I were the first person to have shot it in 30-40 years (needless to say, I had someone look at it first.)

It's a sweet pistol to shoot, but a finicky beast. So far, I have only found it to reliably feed Fiocchi 7.65 Browning.

Speaking of finicky beasts:

senorgrand wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:01 pm Nice!

Sorry about the feed probs. Have you tried to polish the feed ramp.
I haven't done that, mainly because I'm pretty happy with Fiocchi, but if it becomes hard to find, I might try that.

The others I tried were PMC hollowpoints, which I am marking that down to the gun just not being designed for JHP, and Armscor FMJ, which was better than the JHP but still not as flawless as the Fiocchi.

I've read somewhere that regular 23 ACP just doesn't stack right in Ruby magazines because the extractor groove is too narrow. I don't know for certain. Anyway, it doesn't hurt that Fiocchi is cheaper than the other two.

Welcome, from Chicago. Since you're in that area, check out Second Amendment Sports - 3705 W. Elm St., McHenry. Nice store, staff and range.
Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor | NRA Certified Pistol & CCW Instructor | Firearms Legal Consultant & Expert Witness | Illinois Licensed Private Security Officer