Mysterious case of the missing trout

I was telling a co-worker that I'd caught some fish on the river near our office a couple days ago. My co-worker was surprised and didn't think I could repeat the feat. I was going to let it go, I probably should have, but the river is sooo easily accessible via a bike path..... Anyway, next morning, I grabbed a pole and a couple lures and headed off early. I hooked four fish. Landed three. Released two native rainbows, and kept the fourth, as it was a hatchery fish. I cleaned my prize and set it on a shady rock while I tossed a different bait arrangement into the hole for ten minutes or so. When I went back to retrieve my fish and pack up my gear, it was gone. Stolen. :o There were no tracks in the wet earth around the rock so the only suspect in the case is an osprey who I'd heard patrolling the river nearby. Cheeky bastard stole my fish. :ninja: Good thing I took pics for my co-worker. Good thing I brought a lunch too. ;)

Re: Mysterious case of the missing trout

Went fishing again this morning, but without the osprey drama. This time, I kept my three prize trout close to me on a stringer. I have dinner covered. :D

I also caught a mussel; it clamped right down on my lure. I reeled it up and tossed it back. I have never had that happen before. No brown snakes though. :shock: I've heard of that happening, but have never seen it.