Re: Getting back into the 9mm game with a smallish one.

Yep, standard poly chassis 9mm that is functionally similar to the Ruger LC9 and identicle to the KelTek PF-9. Should work great, only upgrades I am thinking of getting are a reduced travel trigger (it's metal so definite upgrade from the plastic one) and better sights but that's really about it. It will be a carry gun so the full-strength hammer spring and everything else will stay. The whole strategy I have with carry guns is 'replaceable if in evidence but still functional'. Too many doo-dads make replacements more expensive and less easy to articulate why they were done in court if needed.

Plus, at a ten round capacity it'd be legal to carry in every state that honors the MO and UT permits.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Minorly embarrassing having to use a 90 day layaway plan but still on track to get this by the end of June! Only changes I am going to make beyond the metal trigger are swapping in a Kel Tec P-11 mag release and using a 12-round (P-11) and two 15-round (S&W 59) magazines while I carry in states where those magazine sizes are not prohibited. And will likely carry in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:51 pm Minorly embarrassing having to use a 90 day layaway plan but still on track to get this by the end of June! Only changes I am going to make beyond the metal trigger are swapping in a Kel Tec P-11 mag release and using a 12-round (P-11) and two 15-round (S&W 59) magazines while I carry in states where those magazine sizes are not prohibited. And will likely carry in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5.
No need to be. We do what we can, manage what we can afford, and how we can afford it. You're not accepting charity, not taking anyone else's money. It's honorable and nothing to be ashamed of. The end of June is nearly here and you'll have it and enjoy shooting it soon enough.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:58 am
ErikO wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:51 pm Minorly embarrassing having to use a 90 day layaway plan but still on track to get this by the end of June! Only changes I am going to make beyond the metal trigger are swapping in a Kel Tec P-11 mag release and using a 12-round (P-11) and two 15-round (S&W 59) magazines while I carry in states where those magazine sizes are not prohibited. And will likely carry in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5.
No need to be. We do what we can, manage what we can afford, and how we can afford it. You're not accepting charity, not taking anyone else's money. It's honorable and nothing to be ashamed of. The end of June is nearly here and you'll have it and enjoy shooting it soon enough.
Agreed, when you have a family there are many demands on the paycheck. One comes up with creative ways to meet everyones needs. Enjoy!
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

RE: the aliengear cloak tuck -- I have a 3.0, and it's okay but not great for me. What works (or doesn't) for me holster-wise may not be at all the same for you, so take this with three or four grains of salt.

It's quite awkward to put on and off, if that's something you plan to do (e.g. to remove it while you go into the post office), and it's quite wide, so it can be a minor annoyance for either the front or rear pockets depending on its positioning. Its lower edges have started curling a bit also.

On the plus side, it's comfortable immediately, has easily adjustable tension, has swappable shells, and is inexpensive. If you already have other Alien Gear shells, then that's another plus. Overall I give it a B-: perfectly workable, but not amazing. At least it's not a Crossbreed...

I've moved to narrower all-kydex holsters now for both IWB and OWB.

Yep, I have had it nearly a week and have not put a round down the tube yet. Missed a good shooting day today weather-wise, hope tomorrow is as nice.

Also got one of these kits on sale, so it'll be OWB for me Right hand draw leather holster kit. I'll likely get some sort of tuckable kydex holster for IWB at some point.

Very cool! That holster is a great choice!

I have been on the fence about getting a SCCY. Great price. Great caliber. Great size. I have read so many reviews that are contradictory - people seem to love 'em or hate 'em. Let us know what you think after you shoot it.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

You really are zen about not shooting a new gun aren't you? Were it me and I was too busy to get to the range, I'd be thinking of squeezing off just one round into a stack of old newspapers down in the basement in the dead of night or something... uh, not that I've ever done that before. But I do admit to having hoplophilia...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi