Re: New member from NorCal

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Thanks to all LGC members across the country for the nice welcome. Great to see all the interest in CZ. Any shooter who doesn't like CZ, probably has either never shot one or just needs more practice. CZ also suits my interest in things "heavy metal", both material and musical. No offense to the polymer people - I like my Glock 21SF too.

Just for further introduction, I call myself 70percenter because I belong to a group of 70 percent of the people eligible to vote in this country who did not vote for the current president. It has been typical for decades that our president ends up being selected by less than 30% of the eligible voters, for both Democrat and Republican presidents. Worse yet, these victories are considered winner take all, and that the victory is considered a mandate to ignore the views, needs and wishes of the vast majority of citizens in favor of those of a minority.

60% turnout in the last election might be considered average. I consider it a disgrace. Let's shoot for at least 80% and move up from there. Urge everyone you know to exercise their right as Americans to vote in every election, no matter their political views.

I'm idealistic maybe, but don't expect me to change. Enough for now.

70percenter, i saw your comments about the miserable voter turnout a few days ago. It deserves a response.

Keep saying it. You are spot on. I'm not sure how we can effect a change in the numbers, but god help us if we don't.

I shot a CZ 1911 A1 a year ago; what a pleasure to shoot compare to a Gov't issue 1911. I just loved the feel and the solidity of the CZ. Good choice in iron.

"Heavy Metal (music)" 'Just so long as it's LOUD' from Good Morning Vietnam

Weclome

Welcome! I'm in the North Bay area, and share your fondness for CZ pistols. I have a 75 compact that I shoot regularly in IDPA matches, and have just bought a SP-01 which is on 10-day wait. I'll be sending that to Cajun Gun Works for trigger work, so it will be a few months before I get to shoot it much.

A also agree with you that low voter turnout is a disgrace. I would favor changing election days to a weekend or holiday ("Democracy Day"), among with many other needed reforms.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Thanks for your post. Recently completed my CZ “Bear Family” collection with the 2075 Rami. Papa, Mama, Junior and Baby - 97b, SP01, PO1 and 2075. Know a guy who’s had some quality work done at Cajun. Needed it for his short, stubby fingers. Trigger work on the SP01 will make it “scary” fun!

I like the idea of Democracy Day (D-Day) I think Ross Perot suggested weekend voting in 1992. Hope it wouldn’t be blown off just because it’s a “day off”. Might have to call it “No Day Off from Democracy Day”

Another new member here, from the South Bay area (San Jose). :-) Glad to see there are other members in the SF Bay area.

I'm looking to purchase my first shotgun, and I'm hoping to connect with some mentors and/or female instructors that can help me find a good shotgun for me and teach me how to use it well. I want to get into upland game bird hunting (already got my hunter safety cert).