Sweating It Out

Man, after climbing in accuracy on today's visit to the range, the heat started to get to me. My glasses were fogging up and I was starting to sweat. My palms got all slippery and I started shooting all around the bullseye instead of into it. It was only in the 80s but mega humid. Does anyone have advice for shooting in the heat or should I just find an outside range when it gets to hot in the range?

Re: Sweating It Out

Glasses: make sure there is a gap at the top to let air circulate. Sealing against the eyebrows causes fogging up.
Palms: carry a chalk bag to palm when sweaty, or at least a rag. If gun’s grip is not checkered then skateboard tape works.
Mental: “the trick is not *minding* that it hurts.” —Lawrence of Arabia

I live in Houston where it's hot and humid the majority of the year. Summers are unbearable for me. So my solution is to focus on indoor ranges. It means I don't shoot my rifles as much as I want to, but I'm content to let those be winter guns.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

We don't have a humidity problem here, it's just the summer heat - 100 + OMG. I'll go out early in the morning when it's cool or go to an indoor range. There's a product you can put on the inside of your glasses to keep them from fogging, can't think of the name of it. I think I first saw it at a gun show someplace.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan