Grips

I am still getting used to my Ruger 22/45 Mk IV Lite (new a couple of hundred rounds ago), but the stock grips are too small for me - and I don't think I have large hands by any means. It's like I am having to hold the gun far too tight to make it firm and not have gaps anywhere. You just know that's going to take something away from accuracy.

So last week, I buy a Hogue grip to put on and while it solved that problem, it is kind of just a tiny bit big now. I must be too picky!!!! So has anyone had experience of slicing small amounts off these grips to make them fit in the hand just that little bit better? What was the result?
Oh look! I woke up this morning. :lol:

Re: Grips

Which Hogue? Or is there only one that fits it?

I feel the same about my Volthane on the MkII: It's nice, but maybe just a tiny bit fatter than I really want.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Picture attached.

As far as I am aware, its the only one they make for this model of pistol.

Suppose I could get some grip tape and mess around with stock grips on it, or pick up some regular 1911 grips and carve out the chunk needed for the bolt hold open lever? Maybe that's a project for the winter months, but I was just curious about these is all.
Oh look! I woke up this morning. :lol:
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg

You could sand down the back side to make it thinner, but then the part around the front would become loose, I think, unless you tapered the thinning process to begin along the side of the frontstrap.

Hard to tell from here, but those look small compared to the Volthane, so don't try that as an alternative.

I have been thinking of getting some wooden grips for my "new" MkII, probably with a thumbrest. Possibly from Altamont, although there are some cheaper alternatives on Ebay
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.