Rossi 462 .357 mag snubbie reevolver report-

:thumbup:

I have owned 2 Rossi guns in the past, and liked them both. I recently bought a Rossi Model 462, a snubby .357 magnum six shot, fixed sight revolver in stainless steel. It is a SOLID revolver, weighs 26 oz empty, which I like- I find it easier to shoot a heavier gun rather than an Airweight os similar.
I replaced the hammer spring with a lighter one from Wolff Springs to improve the DA trigger-it is now better than any Smith J frame I have ever owned, and nearly as good as a K frame S&W. The Rossi 462 is very nicely finished, tight and accurate, is easy to carry in a poclet or an IWB holster. It is slightly larger than a S&W J frame, smaller than a K frame, almost the same as a Colt Detective Special, but heavier. I carry it regularly loaded with Remington JHP's, .38Spl +P's, which I porefer as a carry load over magnums unless I'm in the woods.
I bought this revolver used, but in excellent shape, with the box and papers for $265. New ones are around $350.
I recommend Rossi revolvers-and lever rifles- very highly. I have been shooting handguns for almost 45 years, and I own several S&W's, but I carry the little Rossi, and I'm thinking about getting s second one.

mark
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...

Re: Rossi 462 .357 mag snubbie reevolver report-

eelj wrote:So what kind of Smiths do you have and do you want to get rid of them?
I have several, a topbreak New Departure from 1903 in .38 S&W, a .32 Hand Ejector from 1919, a Brazillian Contract 1917 .45 ACP revolver, a late 1960's Highway Patrolman .357 magnum and a 2214 .22 LR pistol...my wife has a '70's Model 15 Combat Masterpiece 4"...I have owned a lot of others in the past 45 years, but this is what I have right now.

I still carry the Rossi..it is a heavy revolver, 26 oz, and holds 6 rounds...uses S&W K frame speed loaders.

FWIW, the .357 Rossi revolver and lever rifle I had earlier were made many years ago, and they were both first rate...I think rossi's bad reputation was mainly internet BS.

mark

Oh, yeah - none of my guns are for sale.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...

dogngun wrote:
eelj wrote:So what kind of Smiths do you have and do you want to get rid of them?
I have several, a topbreak New Departure from 1903 in .38 S&W, a .32 Hand Ejector from 1919, a Brazillian Contract 1917 .45 ACP revolver, a late 1960's Highway Patrolman .357 magnum and a 2214 .22 LR pistol...my wife has a '70's Model 15 Combat Masterpiece 4"...I have owned a lot of others in the past 45 years, but this is what I have right now.

I still carry the Rossi..it is a heavy revolver, 26 oz, and holds 6 rounds...uses S&W K frame speed loaders.

FWIW, the .357 Rossi revolver and lever rifle I had earlier were made many years ago, and they were both first rate...I think rossi's bad reputation was mainly internet BS.

mark

Thats a nice stable of Smiths, I'm especially envious of your M15, then the M28. I didn't mean to dis your choice in the Rossi, I think you might have taken it that way, sorry if you did.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

eelj wrote:
dogngun wrote:

mark

Thats a nice stable of Smiths, I'm especially envious of your M15, then the M28. I didn't mean to dis your choice in the Rossi, I think you might have taken it that way, sorry if you did.

None taken-I have owned them before, and I have never had any problems...The Model 15 was mine, till my wife shot it at the range...I still get to clean it.

The 28 was bought very cheap-it has been refinished ans is no longer collectable, but it is very tight and like new otherwise...it is my 4th, and I never thought I'd see another that I could afford.

mark

dogngun wrote::thumbup:

I have owned 2 Rossi guns in the past, and liked them both. I recently bought a Rossi Model 462, a snubby .357 magnum six shot, fixed sight revolver in stainless steel. It is a SOLID revolver, weighs 26 oz empty, which I like- I find it easier to shoot a heavier gun rather than an Airweight os similar.
I replaced the hammer spring with a lighter one from Wolff Springs to improve the DA trigger-it is now better than any Smith J frame I have ever owned, and nearly as good as a K frame S&W. The Rossi 462 is very nicely finished, tight and accurate, is easy to carry in a poclet or an IWB holster. It is slightly larger than a S&W J frame, smaller than a K frame, almost the same as a Colt Detective Special, but heavier. I carry it regularly loaded with Remington JHP's, .38Spl +P's, which I porefer as a carry load over magnums unless I'm in the woods.
I bought this revolver used, but in excellent shape, with the box and papers for $265. New ones are around $350.
I recommend Rossi revolvers-and lever rifles- very highly. I have been shooting handguns for almost 45 years, and I own several S&W's, but I carry the little Rossi, and I'm thinking about getting s second one.

mark

I also own a kinds of rossi collection.
We can protect ourselves using any kinds of weapons like batons, pepper spray, stun guns etc. and use it in a proper way but If there would be a chance to run then run.

Simmer down wrote:
naldox wrote: I also own a kinds of rossi collection.
Well speak up. I got the idea Rossis were sort of low-end quality, this from never having one. :crazy: Apparently they aren't the Saturday Night Specials I thought they were. What's your experience with the brand?
About 18 years ago, my wife and I rented a secluded farm house. I bought a used Rossi 4" stainless .357 magnum revolver for about $170 to teach her to shoot and for protection. She was against guns till she actually shot the Rossi, and it changed her mind immediately. It was very tight, and solid, and a fine shooter, but sort of odd looking, and I later sold it for another gun that I don't recall.
A few years ago, I found a used Rossi Puma .357 lever action rifle based on the '92 Winchester. It had a 18" barrel and was really fun to shoot and I'd like to have another one when my cash flow is flowing again.

I have owned 3 Rossis and have liked all of them. There was nothing "low end" about any of them other than the price...

mark

I acquired a used but LNIB Rossi 35202 revolver last weekend. Five shot .38 stainless snubby, made in Brazil by Taurus:

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/def ... tem=R35202

I normally would not look twice at a revolver that isn't a Smith, Colt, or Ruger, but this little Rossi looked almost brand new, and I got the price down to 220 o.t.d., so I figured I could always re-sell if I didn't like it and make a few bucks.

Took it to the range and put 50 rds of .38 fmj through it. Accuracy was not bad at all from 25 ft. Shooting carefully aimed, holding with 2 hands, I grouped within a 4" circle, which I would consider acceptable. Can't say I'm a fan of the DA trigger. It wasn't gritty or an overly long pull, just heavier than a S&W or Ruger, and not easy to stage. I actually liked the rubber grip, which felt very comfortable in my hand.

I did notice immediately that the cylinder release latch was all wiggly. At first I thought it was about to fall off, but closer examination seems to indicate that's the way it is designed. Also, the edges of cylinder ratchet teeth were crudely finished, with burrs and irregular edges. Lock up was tight though, with no excessive play. Cylinder gap seemed consistent.

So not a bad little revolver - for the price. I'll likely give this one away as a gift to my parents (or a lady friend if my folks don't like it)

dogngun wrote::thumbup:

mark
thanks mark, that's really good news to me! :thumbup: i just learned about this rossi 462, she looks well balanced and prettier than most s&w models. i'll take your word for it.

TxChinaman wrote:I acquired a used but LNIB Rossi 35202 revolver last weekend. Five shot .38 stainless snubby, made in Brazil by Taurus:

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/def ... tem=R35202

I normally would not look twice at a revolver that isn't a Smith, Colt, or Ruger, but this little Rossi looked almost brand new, and I got the price down to 220 o.t.d., so I figured I could always re-sell if I didn't like it and make a few bucks.

Took it to the range and put 50 rds of .38 fmj through it. Accuracy was not bad at all from 25 ft. Shooting carefully aimed, holding with 2 hands, I grouped within a 4" circle, which I would consider acceptable. Can't say I'm a fan of the DA trigger. It wasn't gritty or an overly long pull, just heavier than a S&W or Ruger, and not easy to stage. I actually liked the rubber grip, which felt very comfortable in my hand.

I did notice immediately that the cylinder release latch was all wiggly. At first I thought it was about to fall off, but closer examination seems to indicate that's the way it is designed. Also, the edges of cylinder ratchet teeth were crudely finished, with burrs and irregular edges. Lock up was tight though, with no excessive play. Cylinder gap seemed consistent.

So not a bad little revolver - for the price. I'll likely give this one away as a gift to my parents (or a lady friend if my folks don't like it)

Chinaman, go to the Wolff Springs site and call their phone number...they will send you a replacement hammer spring, the one they stock for the S&W J frame. It's about a 5 minute replacement job, you still have the stock spring if you want to put it back, and it costs about $7. Makes that trigger near great in DA, and like a Colt SAA in SA.

FWIW, my sister lives in Texas and I just recommended Rossi revolvers to her and her husband who are interested in home protection.

mark