Re: Red Dots

Trek wrote:Even a Sig Sauer or Vortex is costly. I picked up my first Red Dot brand new for $30. It's a Tacfire with a cantilever mount. Has red, green and blue dots. I think the blue is handy for people who have some problems with color blindness. A green or red dot can get lost pointing into foliage, but the blue stands out against anything on the ground. First I had to get corrective lenses for my astigmatism. With astigmatism all dots look lie aurora borealis. In other words, it doesn't look like a dot.
Interesting point about astigmatism. Given my extremely limited range time I still haven't even bore sited the thing. Stay tuned for further details!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Worker bees can leave.
Even drones can fly away.
The Queen is their slave.

senorgrand wrote:Since we are bringing this thread back, are there any good red dots that use scope rings? I'm thinking about something that could be slapped onto a Ruger Revolver.
I put a Bushnell Trophy on my Super Blackhawk with no issues. Worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fortuna Peratus Renumerat

Liberal Condescension or Conservative Paranoia; A hell of a way to run a democracy.

I recently got a Leupold Delta Point Pro. It has a 7.5 triangular dot and can also take a rear iron sight. I thought that the dot would be two big for precision at distance but a 2 inch group with a Canik TP9SFX is quite doable at 15 yards at speed. It has some nice features - the battery is removable without removing the dot unlike the Vortex Venom, elevation and windage adjustments have positive clicks, and lots of levels of brightness. It’s a bit pricey at retail but I found it on eBay for quite a bit less

A few models of holosun have my favorite reticle (1-2 MOA inside of 65 MOA circle, like EOTech). I haven't seen or heard any serious complaints about them. They hold up well for their money.

Vortex is fine too. Most of these lower-end optics are worth their price, outside of crap like sightmark, etc.

I don’t know if EOTech counts as mid-range but I’ve been mighty pleased with the combo of the EXPS3-0 and the G33 3x flip out magnifier.

(Sorry about the crummy iPhone shot through the optic...I really need to try to redo that one)

An EOTech or an Aimpoint would be great, but I'm hoping to find a RD for my Beretta Storm carbine under $200. I have a Bushnell holographic sight with different reticules in a 30mm tube. It seems to have gotten dimmer over time (new battery) and it was never exactly dazzling.
Yet she persisted.