Bullseye Match #19 Results

Here are ALL of the scores submitted for this match. Turnout was less than stellar - only five shooters submitted scores. Big kudos to Merle for shooting every class.

We might want to re-think whether we want to continue these matches. Maybe they have gotten stale. Maybe we should just run them quarterly. Your thoughts are welcome.

Bullseye Match #19
June 17 - August 12, 2019

Rimfire Iron
Bucolic Browning Challenger 290
Bacchus Ruger Mk III Target 267
Merle S&W Kit Gun 189
Max Wyatt Ruger Mk II Target 260

Rimfire Glass
Bucolic Ruger Mk III 22/45 279
Merle Ruger Mk II 243

Centerfire Iron
CDFingers Springfield 1911 mil-spec 176
Bacchus Glock G21 .45 ACP 243
Merle S&W M631 32H&R 154

Centerfire Glass
Merle Dan Wesson .357 10 inch 130
Last edited by Bucolic on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to include one more entry.

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Results

First off, thanks for your efforts.

My opinion is that things often slow down during summertime - kids out of school, vacations, etc.
I have seen this in a number of other matches, both postal and live.......

maybe throw in some variety, such as even handed, or whatever you can think up.
Merle from PA

Bucolic wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:10 pm Here are ALL of the scores submitted for this match. Turnout was less than stellar - only five shooters submitted scores. Big kudos to Merle for shooting every class.

We might want to re-think whether we want to continue these matches. Maybe they have gotten stale. Maybe we should just run them quarterly. Your thoughts are welcome.
Sorry, I tried to participate but time got away from me. I did shoot the rimfire but missed the deadline for reporting because I was hoping to shoot the other two categories first. Summers are the most difficult time-wise. I am looking forward to next time.

I'm not against quarterly. I must say that I relish the existence of these matches. My goal always is to shoot center and rim fire, but I do not always succeed there. I think a good rhythm for the average shooter is one box of 50 every other week with a hand gun--this, to keep skills reasonably useful and at the surface. Surely more practice is always better. I think I am an average shooter in that I shoot at least hopefully twice a month at prolly 50, sometimes rim and center, sometimes one or the other. I am lately enamored of my Springer 1911.

I think the matches help keep me lubed up as far as necessary neural pathways are concerned.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Bucolic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:19 am I’m thinking about doing another one-handed match next. The challenge might spark some interest.
Count me in for the one-handed gig. Interest, at least from me, has not waned for these; somewhat gainful employment has reared it's ugly but necessary head, in the form of a job better suited for an 18 year old. It's left me frequently exhausted. One by-product is a right shoulder that seems permanently damaged. Osteoarthritis is the official diagnosis, but I claim it's just effed-up. Can't raise my right arm without pain. No matter, I'll shoot lefty. :)

Thanks for continuing to put these on. They're something I look forward to. When the announcement comes out, I'll try to drum up interest in our Oregon Chapter.

Cheers!

P.S. Congratulations to the entrants and winners of this last match! Max, I felt you breathing down my neck. ;) Bucolic: Damn fine score! Damn fine.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bucolic wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:25 pm If you like, I’ll PM you my email address and you can email them to me and I’ll post them for you.

Or you can send them to the postalmatch email and I’ll post them. Just let me know if you do since I don’t check that email often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just send them to the postal match address, since I already have that - thanks
Merle from PA