Wow. That's a lot of new infringement. Some highlights:
Registration, no grandfathering
Licensing, complete with psychological exam and family interview
24 hour training required
$800 a year liability insurance
Another $800 per year for a military style firearm
Big ass fines for non-compliance
10 round magazine limit

Smells like freedom. Shall we do the same for free speech, religion and voting?

Re: US Democrat sponsors "...Firearm Licensing and Registration Act"

What about ammunition I make myself?
What if I don't have the $ ? Can I store the weapons util I can afford the insurance and license fees or do the weapons have to be sold/handed over or what?
Military style arms? I have a small collection of Colt 1903 Model M's that were originally issued to Generals as side arms. Are they military style arms?

These people need sued for infringing and selling the Constitution down the river in violation of their oaths of office. This bill is unconstitutional - blatant infringement. I cannot comply with an illegal law so I guess I'll be the first one to be fined into oblivion or jailed. If they don't like me as a law abiding model tax paying citizen of outstanding character (never committed a crime in my life) so badly that they want to make me a criminal they need be think a bit. They *will not* like me as a criminal. I predict there will be millions of us....

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

featureless wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 pm
MayhemVI wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 pm Relax guys. This is just another "going nowhere" bill that will never get to the point where anyone votes on it.
Point is, it shouldn't have been introduced at all.
You're right of course, but bills like this do get introduced all the time. And I neglected to mention above that, in this case, the Supreme Court would run this "Bill/Law" through a cheese grater if it ever got that far, which it won't.

There will always be anti-gunners, some of them will hold elected office, wing-nut waste-of-time bills will be offered. If you jump up and down and scream every single time it happens, the biggest result you'll get is being sweaty and hoarse.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

One bill with no co-sponsors that isn't going anywhere. As she's campaigning for re-election next year the congresswoman can talk about her bill and what she's doing on gun control. Drip by drip the Dems are painting themselves into a corner on gun control, red meat for Reps and the NRA.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

featureless wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 pm
Or maybe, they could do their fucking jobs and work on the hard stuff that would actually improve lives.... Grumble, grumble...
Right? I mean fuck man, with all the actual problems they could be addressing that would make a substantive and positive impact on the lives of citizens, they spend how much time coming up with this fuckery. They know it won't pass, and even if it did it would get tossed out by every court in the country, but rather than doing anything useful they use virtue signaling to get donations from Bloomberg.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 am
Or maybe, they could do their fucking jobs and work on the hard stuff that would actually improve lives.... Grumble, grumble...
Right? I mean fuck man, with all the actual problems they could be addressing that would make a substantive and positive impact on the lives of citizens, they spend how much time coming up with this fuckery. They know it won't pass, and even if it did it would get tossed out by every court in the country, but rather than doing anything useful they use virtue signaling to get donations from Bloomberg.
Yes, it's disgusting and has driven me out of the party.

shinzen wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 am
Exactly why I am outraged - the Democrats have all these fabulous intentions and pay lip service to saving US and protecting the environment, fixing/securing SS and Medicare for all but where are the proposed legislation to actually role the ball on these ideas that are *much* more important? Instead we get bullshit and wasted time and energy at a time when we (they/them - our Democratic Representation we elected to fix it!!) desperately need to propose some bills that will actually help someone instead of suppress and infringe on Rights guaranteed in the Constitution. I'd be more proud of them if they actually introduced legislation designed to repeal the 2A. You want my guns? Fine.There is a well defined and perfectly legal way to do that - convene a Constitutional Convention and get the votes you feel are there and repeal the fucking thing.

Stop fucking with my Rights. If you want to change the Constitution then do that. Until then leave it.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.