The Liberal Gun Club Forum


A meeting room for The LGC

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:02 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 15739
It's a little single action. Smaller frame than a colt copy, they make it as a ten shot .22 or in a short barrel, round butt .38 special.

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/images/1 ... owd_lg.jpg

This is my idea of lots of fun.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
10 shot 22... I'll have to take this one into consideration. The one you linked is so purdy. :thanks: for the heads up.

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:22 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 15739
It was your talk of a .22 single action that got me looking, but the prices weren't comparable to what you were talking about.

Unfortunately, the .22 isn't offered in the round butt configuration.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:35 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
Fukshot wrote:
Unfortunately, the .22 isn't offered in the round butt configuration.
I was starting to think that after googleing a bit. Yeah, they and the Ruger SA 22s are a bit more than I want to spend right now, but I do appreciate the heads up. Now I have another option, when I decide to get a nice SAA.

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:46 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 15739
You can't go wrong with a Single Six. They hold their value over time like no gun I have ever seen outside of antique Smiths and Colts.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
Fukshot wrote:
You can't go wrong with a Single Six. They hold their value over time like no gun I have ever seen outside of antique Smiths and Colts.
I know, I'm really tempted to get one soon. I think I might try trading some AR stuff for one over on Calguns.

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 15739
Stay away from the ones with scope mounts. Ugly.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
Fukshot wrote:
Stay away from the ones with scope mounts. Ugly.
I know right? Actually, I kinda prefer revolvers with just the minimal rear sight groove. If I try to do a trade I'll also be open to trade for a Bearcat. The only reason I'd prefer a Single Six over the Bearcat is for the added heft not so much the adjustable sights.

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:22 am 
Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:24 pm
Posts: 566
Location: long beach, formerly boston
I'd like to be the immature fool to dwell on the totally un-remarked-upon use of the term "round butt."

Do you think Sir Mix-a-lot owns a .22? Would this be the one he would choose?

_________________
"Smell the hot rain on the street; it could be love, it could be alcohol."


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
JinxRemoving wrote:
I'd like to be the immature fool to dwell on the totally un-remarked-upon use of the term "round butt."

Do you think Sir Mix-a-lot owns a .22? Would this be the one he would choose?
I believe he owns a Colt. An Anaconda. Them other brothers can't deny.

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:30 am 
Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:24 pm
Posts: 566
Location: long beach, formerly boston
commandZee wrote:
JinxRemoving wrote:
I'd like to be the immature fool to dwell on the totally un-remarked-upon use of the term "round butt."

Do you think Sir Mix-a-lot owns a .22? Would this be the one he would choose?
I believe he owns a Colt. An Anaconda. Them other brothers can't deny.


Good catch, I missed that first time around!

_________________
"Smell the hot rain on the street; it could be love, it could be alcohol."


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
JinxRemoving wrote:
commandZee wrote:
JinxRemoving wrote:
I'd like to be the immature fool to dwell on the totally un-remarked-upon use of the term "round butt."

Do you think Sir Mix-a-lot owns a .22? Would this be the one he would choose?
I believe he owns a Colt. An Anaconda. Them other brothers can't deny.


Good catch, I missed that first time around!
You can be right, the Anaconda isn't chambered for 22 :laugh:

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:05 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 15739
You won't see sophisticated discourse like this on AR15 dot com. That's for damn sure.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
Fukshot wrote:
You won't see sophisticated discourse like this on AR15 dot com. That's for damn sure.
:lol:

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 9642
Location: Minnesota
I believe the comedian owns a bearcat. Small frame 22 revolvers just make sense to me.

_________________
"The scab is a traitor to his God, his mother, and his class". Jack London


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Fabulous Laureldale, PA!!!
Fukshot wrote:
You won't see sophisticated discourse like this on AR15 dot com. That's for damn sure.


Fuckin' A, Bubba!


mark

Uberti makes a GREAT SAA, and that lil' .38 Spl is very nice indeed!

http://www.benelliusa.com/assets/review ... ng2012.pdf

thanks.

_________________
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 9642
Location: Minnesota
Guns like these piss me off about Ruger, the single six at the very least with a five round cylinder could handle the 38spec. The Bear Cat with a five round cylinder has been proven to handle the 32H&R, I think the super black hawk could easily handle the 480 with a 5 shot cylinder. I think those guns would sell.

_________________
"The scab is a traitor to his God, his mother, and his class". Jack London


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
eelj wrote:
Guns like these piss me off about Ruger, the single six at the very least with a five round cylinder could handle the 38spec. The Bear Cat with a five round cylinder has been proven to handle the 32H&R, I think the super black hawk could easily handle the 480 with a 5 shot cylinder. I think those guns would sell.
What about a 7 shot .357 GP101 or 6 shot unfluted .357 SP101 in blued steel? Come to think of it, what about an 8 shot .357 Redhawk? Any of these would sell like crazy.

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 9642
Location: Minnesota
commandZee wrote:
eelj wrote:
Guns like these piss me off about Ruger, the single six at the very least with a five round cylinder could handle the 38spec. The Bear Cat with a five round cylinder has been proven to handle the 32H&R, I think the super black hawk could easily handle the 480 with a 5 shot cylinder. I think those guns would sell.
What about a 7 shot .357 GP101 or 6 shot unfluted .357 SP101 in blued steel? Come to think of it, what about an 8 shot .357 Redhawk? Any of these would sell like crazy.
They made the redhawk in 357 years ago. The toughest 357 ever made. people didn't buy it.

_________________
"The scab is a traitor to his God, his mother, and his class". Jack London


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm 
Postal Match Winner
Postal Match Winner
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:24 am
Posts: 3974
Location: Northern California
commandZee wrote:
Actually, I kinda prefer revolvers with just the minimal rear sight groove.

Question for you revolver gurus:

I have a Pietta replica of a 1851 Navy Colt, which I think has really elegant lines.

One of the design elements I like is the rear sight notch on the (cocked) hammer. This is so damned clever, in that it gives a maximal sight radius, and it adds to the sleek look of the gun by keeping a rear sight off the frame/barrel.

My question is, has any other SA revolver copied this clever design element? If not, why not?

_________________
“¿Cuándo querrá el Dios del cielo que la tortilla se vuelva, que los pobres coman pan y los ricos mierda, mierda?"
- Spanish Civil War song, as sung by Quilapayún


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Los Angeles
eelj wrote:
commandZee wrote:
eelj wrote:
Guns like these piss me off about Ruger, the single six at the very least with a five round cylinder could handle the 38spec. The Bear Cat with a five round cylinder has been proven to handle the 32H&R, I think the super black hawk could easily handle the 480 with a 5 shot cylinder. I think those guns would sell.
What about a 7 shot .357 GP101 or 6 shot unfluted .357 SP101 in blued steel? Come to think of it, what about an 8 shot .357 Redhawk? Any of these would sell like crazy.
They made the redhawk in 357 years ago. The toughest 357 ever made. people didn't buy it.
Did it have a 8 shot cylinder? A 6 shot .357 Redhawk would be too much gun for the round.

_________________
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Fabulous Laureldale, PA!!!
larrymod wrote:
commandZee wrote:
Actually, I kinda prefer revolvers with just the minimal rear sight groove.

Question for you revolver gurus:

I have a Pietta replica of a 1851 Navy Colt, which I think has really elegant lines.

One of the design elements I like is the rear sight notch on the (cocked) hammer. This is so damned clever, in that it gives a maximal sight radius, and it adds to the sleek look of the gun by keeping a rear sight off the frame/barrel.

My question is, has any other SA revolver copied this clever design element? If not, why not?


ALL the old percussion Colts had this as far as I know, and the conversion Colts...the 1873 SAA started with the grooved top strap.


mark

_________________
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 15739
Hammer groove rear sights are common on open top revolvers of all makes. The Lefaucheux pinfire revolvers had it.

The disadvantage is that hammers have a little wiggle to them.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:31 am 
Helpful Contributor
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:11 am
Posts: 79
Fukshot wrote:
Hammer groove rear sights are common on open top revolvers of all makes. The Lefaucheux pinfire revolvers had it.

The disadvantage is that hammers have a little wiggle to them.


I do enjoy gun discussions with educated people.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Uberti Stallion round butt .38
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 11:21 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Antique revolver trivia AND antique hip-hop trivia in a single thread. You can't find that just anywhere!
:disco:

_________________
Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
-Calvin and Hobbes


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits