The Liberal Gun Club Forum


A meeting room for The LGC

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March"
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:38 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 pm
Posts: 2076
Location: No longer in San Francisco, California
Seems that there's a Muslim group organizing a "Million Muslim March" due to all the hate-mongering against anything Muslim by certain segments of our population. Said "March" is planned to happen on Sept. 11, 2013. After some negative press, they renamed it, "Million American March Against Fear".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ch-dc-911/
http://ampacus.webs.com/

While I totally disagree with their assertion that al-Qaeda is "a joke" any more than the KKK is "a joke", I have to go along with what they say here:

"Many non-Muslim Americans are terrified of Muslims, who are portrayed by Hollywood and the US media as fanatical terrorists. Muslims, too, live in fear – of being dragged off in the night to Guantanamo and tortured, simply for the crime of being Muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time."

We know it's happened. And it's extended to Sikhs, simply for wearing turbans, as well.

There is a planned counter-protest, a "2 Million Biker" march. Apparently their beef with this Million Muslim March is that it's taking place on the anniversary of 9/11.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/08/22/ ... arch-82030
https://www.facebook.com/2MillionBikersDC?ref=nf

I found out about all this in another forum. There, they claimed that the Million Muslim March should've picked a different day, and they're really ticked off that it's happening on 9/11. Apparently the 2 Million Bikers agree. I asked the folks on that forum why, quite sincerely. The...um, "disapproval" was rather strong.

My view is different. Unfortunately, violence, and the active advocation thereof, against "towel-heads", "[effin'] Arabs" and "Goddamn Muslims" really is a problem. It hit a fever pitch directly because of 9/11. Therefore, I can see no *better* day than 9/11, given what's been happening to them after that day. Last I checked, being Muslim was not a crime in this country. That's why former Secretary Colin Powell said what he said in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lu0WXw5BxM

_________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A true Liberal must back the Second Amendment 100%!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:46 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm
Posts: 5649
Fail on top of fail inside a fail sandwich in a fail lunchbox for a fail worker building a tower of fail.

_________________
Check out my blog Equilibrium State

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- Orwell


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 pm 
Banned
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 2346
CowboyT wrote:
My view is different. Unfortunately, violence, and the active advocation thereof, against "towel-heads", "[effin'] Arabs" and "Goddamn Muslims" really is a problem. It hit a fever pitch directly because of 9/11. Therefore, I can see no *better* day than 9/11, given what's been happening to them after that day. Last I checked, being Muslim was not a crime in this country. That's why former Secretary Colin Powell said what he said in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lu0WXw5BxM


Totally agree. The part in that segment where Powell talks about the mother at her son's grave slays me.

I'm a big fan of No Reservations and this is hand's down one of my favorite episodes of the show. Anyone who hates Muslims should be forced to watch this.

FF to 8:00



Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:45 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 pm
Posts: 2076
Location: No longer in San Francisco, California
Cool video. Reminds me a bit of my experience in Turkey during a TDY there, some years ago. The country is supposedly about 99% Muslim. Got off the C-130 ready to fight and defend myself from those Moslem (the spelling back then) terrorists that I was sure wanted to kill me on sight. Boy, were my eyes opened by the hospitality of the Turkish people I met. And it wasn't just around the base, either. It was also in the city of Konya, the 2nd largest city in Turkey. People recognized I was a bumbling American and helped me along to learn and experience their culture. It's been well over 20 years since then, and I still remember it, and them, fondly.

_________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A true Liberal must back the Second Amendment 100%!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:39 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 16017
Douchebags who have bought themselves expensive motorcycles need to stop calling themselves bikers.

I completely agree that there is no better day for such an event than 9/11.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:42 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm
Posts: 5649
Fukshot wrote:
Douchebags who have bought themselves expensive motorcycles need to stop calling themselves bikers.

I completely agree that there is no better day for such an event than 9/11.

I disagree, while it might be a good symbolic day to show people they aren't all the crazy fundamentalists... there's a lot of people out there incapable of making that distinction that are prone to violence, that doing this on this day would provoke.

_________________
Check out my blog Equilibrium State

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- Orwell


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:49 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 am
Posts: 16017
gendoikari wrote:
Fukshot wrote:
Douchebags who have bought themselves expensive motorcycles need to stop calling themselves bikers.

I completely agree that there is no better day for such an event than 9/11.

I disagree, while it might be a good symbolic day to show people they aren't all the crazy fundamentalists... there's a lot of people out there incapable of making that distinction that are prone to violence, that doing this on this day would provoke.


You sound like one of those simpering Democrat apolgists you're always on about.

_________________
Image
I like to have guns around.

-Maya Angelou


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm
Posts: 5649
Fukshot wrote:
gendoikari wrote:
Fukshot wrote:
Douchebags who have bought themselves expensive motorcycles need to stop calling themselves bikers.

I completely agree that there is no better day for such an event than 9/11.

I disagree, while it might be a good symbolic day to show people they aren't all the crazy fundamentalists... there's a lot of people out there incapable of making that distinction that are prone to violence, that doing this on this day would provoke.


You sound like one of those simpering Democrat apolgists you're always on about.

I just don't think it's a good idea to provoke the mentally unstable. Especially when they're armed.

_________________
Check out my blog Equilibrium State

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- Orwell


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:07 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 pm
Posts: 10465
Location: LGC MEMBER:Northern California
Gotta side with Gendo on that one. I don't have any issues at all with having a million Muslim march on 9/11. In fact I think it's good showing of solidarity, but the whackadoodles will go insane. And likely have a very, very negative response.

The flipside is, if/when something does happen, it will absolutely show them (the right wing psychos) for what they are. Unfortunately it may also wind up with a horrific outcome.

_________________
Image

Donate to El GOA today!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:08 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 pm
Posts: 2076
Location: No longer in San Francisco, California
Fukshot wrote:
You sound like one of those simpering Democrat apolgists you're always on about.

I don't see how name-calling helps here.

Gendo, here's how I see it. I agree with your concern, because that possibility is very real, and thus I would tweak your sentence just a bit, to the following:

"there's a lot of people out there who have chosen not to make that distinction that are prone to violence, that doing this on this day would allow them to feel as if their inflicting of said violence is OK."

That's what law enforcement is supposed to be for, to prevent that kind of thing. However, we all know that the police simply cannot be everywhere they're needed at the same time. Combine that with the District's Draconian laws--even worse than California's, and that's saying something--and you have a canonical example of a good case for the right to carry. Any "wingnuts" would think twice about going through with such violence if they knew their would-be victims were walkin' heavy.

_________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A true Liberal must back the Second Amendment 100%!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:11 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 9175
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Press-wise, 9-11 is a tough road to hoe. Bad day to do a breast cancer run or anything else, because you ain't getting any press.

And now any stories about what these guys are trying to do will devolve into "should they do it on 9-11?"

It was naive to hold it on 9-11AND call it the million muslim march. I honestly don't think these guys know what they are doing.

I don't think they'll get a million either and will probably have to cancel or look pathetic.

I probably would have chosen the week prior to Ramadan 2014. It would be summer and you'd be more likely to increase turnout than holding it at the start of the school year. Then you could focus on re-educating Americans on the traditions of Islam. Any opposition would have neen rightly labeled religious intolerance and would have been quickly marginalized.

Now they won't even get a chance to say whay they want to say because of a shitstorm of "process" stories, which the press loves because they are easy.

_________________
Image


Image
DONATE TO THE
LIBERAL GUN OWNERS
ASSOCIATION!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 9175
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
If not 100% clear, I oppose the strategy of the march, not the morality.

Good things done stupidly are worse than doing nothing...

_________________
Image


Image
DONATE TO THE
LIBERAL GUN OWNERS
ASSOCIATION!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:15 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm
Posts: 5649
senorgrand wrote:

I don't think they'll get a million either and will probably have to cancel or look pathetic.

Has any of these Million X marches gotten even close to a million?

senorgrand wrote:
I probably would have chosen the week prior to Ramadan 2014. It would be summer and you'd be more likely to increase turnout than holding it at the start of the school year. Then you could focus on re-educating Americans on the traditions of Islam. Any opposition would have neen rightly labeled religious intolerance and would have been quickly marginalized.
Now that's a good idea.

_________________
Check out my blog Equilibrium State

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- Orwell


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 pm 
Site Admin
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:06 pm
Posts: 8062
Well I suggest that they all march together because they all seem to be marching for the same basic reason, but I would require them to march in the nude to fully appreciate that they all basically look the same.

_________________
good tea, nice house


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:22 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 9175
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Problem is if whoever counting folks has a grudge, they'll be cooking the numbers down if it's peaceful, and up if it turns ugly.

CHP is notorious for this at the CA Capitol.

So, to look like a million, you better bring 2 million.

_________________
Image


Image
DONATE TO THE
LIBERAL GUN OWNERS
ASSOCIATION!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 5008
Location: New Kent VA
They can't even get 2 million "bikers" for the annual "Run to the Wall" event, where the fuck are all these assholes gonna come from?

_________________
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:42 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 9763
Location: Minnesota
whitey wrote:
They can't even get 2 million "bikers" for the annual "Run to the Wall" event, where the fuck are all these assholes gonna come from?
Sturgis is over.

_________________
"The scab is a traitor to his God, his mother, and his class". Jack London


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:44 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 5008
Location: New Kent VA
eelj wrote:
whitey wrote:
They can't even get 2 million "bikers" for the annual "Run to the Wall" event, where the fuck are all these assholes gonna come from?
Sturgis is over.


LOL, are they gonna ride over or trailer them? How's the road tripping going? Nice to see you're still alive.

_________________
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 pm 
I can't believe you post this much!
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 9763
Location: Minnesota
whitey wrote:
eelj wrote:
whitey wrote:
They can't even get 2 million "bikers" for the annual "Run to the Wall" event, where the fuck are all these assholes gonna come from?
Sturgis is over.


LOL, are they gonna ride over or trailer them? How's the road tripping going? Nice to see you're still alive.
Just got home this morning. As to Harley W.H.O.R.Es. (We Haul Our Rides Everywhere) how do you think they will get there.

_________________
"The scab is a traitor to his God, his mother, and his class". Jack London


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:56 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 pm
Posts: 594
Location: San Ramon, California
shinzen wrote:
Gotta side with Gendo on that one. I don't have any issues at all with having a million Muslim march on 9/11. In fact I think it's good showing of solidarity, but the whackadoodles will go insane. And likely have a very, very negative response.

The flipside is, if/when something does happen, it will absolutely show them (the right wing psychos) for what they are. Unfortunately it may also wind up with a horrific outcome.

Exactly.

_________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary. ” – Karl Marx


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:59 pm 
Veteran
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 485
Location: The City With a Handle
whitey wrote:
They can't even get 2 million "bikers" for the annual "Run to the Wall" event, where the fuck are all these assholes gonna come from?


I have serious doubt you could put together 2 million Harleys that all run at the same time.

::ducking for cover::

_________________
Brian

"I ain't a Communist necessarily, but I have been in the red all my life." Woody Guthrie


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:23 am 
I can't believe you post this much!
User avatar
Send private message  WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 9175
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
A million Muslims and two million bikers? If you live in D.C. and want either couscous or meth, better get it now.

_________________
Image


Image
DONATE TO THE
LIBERAL GUN OWNERS
ASSOCIATION!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:42 am 
Moderator
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 pm
Posts: 6722
Location: Chicago
2 million bikers I could only imagine the horrible classic rock being played on bike stereos.

_________________
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 am 
Moderator
User avatar
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:15 am
Posts: 5441
Location: Grand Rapids
Ya'll are missing something important here....how many of those 2 million bikers will be wearing helmets?

_________________
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" didn't you understand?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: "2 Million Biker" march to protest "Million Muslim March
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:04 am 
Banned
Send private message  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 2346
senorgrand wrote:
A million Muslims and two million bikers? If you live in D.C. and want either couscous or meth, better get it now.


:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eelj, inomaha, M4Builder and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits