Postal Match Competition
We all love to compete. We all love guns. Competing with our guns? That sounds even better. But we are spread all over the country! So, we have ‘postal matches’.
How Does it Work?
A postal match is an honor system target competition where we have established a set of rules and a set of standard targets. Then you go to the range and do your best and submit your targets and scores for judging.
Its that easy.
These rules apply to all matches, please read them carefully!
- By participating in this match, whether or not you actually submit targets, you implicitly agree to these rules.
- You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of those around you, including eye and ear protection.
- No age restriction; shooters under 18 must have parental consent and supervision.
- Only one entry per person, per class.
- All scoring, qualification decisions, and prize awarding of The Liberal Gun Club or its agents are final.
- Anyone not following the instructions for a particular match will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any targets and any shooter for any reason. Typically, this will only be done for obvious rule violation.
- The Liberal Gun Club is not liable for any damages or injury resulting from participating in this match.
- All targets become property of The Liberal Gun Club and will not be returned. If you wish to have the targets back, please include a self-addressed, stamped enveloped with enough postage to cover return shipping.
- We typically post the winners name in our forum. If you do not wish to have your name posted, please let use know in writing with your targets. We can post your score with your forum name instead of your real name, if you so choose.
Submitting your target
Write the following on the target:
- Shooter’s name
- Target number
- Your score – note: unscored targets will be disqualified…we will double-check!
Scan or digitally photograph the targets and email them to email@example.com. Include the following information in your email:
- Shooters name
- Total score
- Shipping address
- E-mail address
- Weapon details
- Brand/type of ammunition including bullet weight. Reloaded ammunition should include powder type, charge, case overall length, primer brand, brass type.
- Any modifications, including but not limited to barrel replacement, recoil spring, sight replacement, gunsmithing or trigger work.
- Range details (indoors, outdoors, weather if applicable)
Check the forums for the latest match!