Fiddler wrote:Reposting from my local sub-reddit - my impressions of my new Hudson H9
I was lucky enough to purchase mine for MSRP and picked it up at my local neighborhood FFL on Thursday.
That night I put 150 rounds through it and have also dry fired it about 500 times since then.
I’ve been looking out for some of the issues reported by other reviewers, especially of the early batch in late 2017.
Here are my observations:
- No failures of any kind so far, but I’ll be getting that round count much higher on Monday, so we’ll see.
- Excellent trigger break and reset.
- Gritty/spongy trigger safety that has smoothed out after dry fire.
- Noticeably flatter shooting than my PPQ, which I shot side by side.
- It's heavy(which helps the felt-recoil and flip), but it feels balanced.
- The sharp lower corner of the mag catch will scratch the finish on the mags. I’ve polished and rounded the corner of the catch with a file, and now it’s all good.
- The stock, .205 height front sight is too tall. It shoots 4-6 inches low at 20yds. I’ve ordered a Dawson Precision .150 front to replace it.
In terms of accessories:
- I have the 3 magazines which come with the gun, as well as 3 more that I managed to snag online before I actually had the gun in hand. The mags seem very high quality.
- I have the DSG Arms Alpha Holster - I like the holster quite a bit.
- I contacted VZ grips about wood grips and they said:"At this time wood grips are not available for the Hudson. We currently only manufacture the Black grips that come on the gun."
"We are working on other textures and colors and hope to release them soon."
So far I’m quite pleased. I’ll try to post a follow up when I’ve put through a lot more rounds.
I am so jelly. I want one, but I think I’m going to hold back until they do Gen 2. Seems like a perfect USPSA/Steel Challenge gun.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk