Using the 'Ignore' Feature...

Make no mistake, it is a feature. It can preserve one's sanity and contribute greatly to the overall experience one has with the forum.

If there is a forum participant that just gets under your skin simply ignore them. Doing so makes that participant's posts not appear on your page unless you deliberately choose to see it...even if that participant is responding directly to something you have posted.

To use the feature:

User Control Panel (upper right side of your window)>
Friends & Foes (middle left side of your window)>
Manage Foes>
enter user name of participant you never want to see again and hit submit...

That way, you will never see what that participant has had to say unless you choose to and, as is often true in life...

ignorance is bliss
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Re: Using the 'Ignore' Feature...

Added for emphasis:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have an ignore feature for a reason and I strongly recommend that it get used more often. See above for instruction

We do not tolerate ad hominem attacks, personal insults, vitriolic discourse...whatever you want to call it; just don't do it.
Kapish?
We Are So Screwed

rolandson wrote:Added for emphasis:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have an ignore feature for a reason and I strongly recommend that it get used more often. See above for instruction

We do not tolerate ad hominem attacks, personal insults, vitriolic discourse...whatever you want to call it; just don't do it.
Kapish?
BUMP

We have this...use it.
We Are So Screwed

rolandson wrote:
rolandson wrote:Added for emphasis:

Kapish?
BUMP

We have this...use it.
Oh. Right. I can do that now. Shit! Sorry. Thanks for the reminder.

You can also more easiy ignore a user by going to their ptofile page (use the
button) and click on the "Add foe" link under their picture.

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!