Re: This is a public forum, the views and opinions...

Inquisitor wrote:But as you can see above, its a bit long.

Suggestions on what should appear there? I'll pick the top 3 and put a poll up.
If it's just a matter of trimming the text string length, strike "views and." "Opinions" gets the meaning across clearly by itself. Also, "here" is redundant. It can go without losing anything.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Inquisitor wrote:
lurker wrote:i just saw that and wondered if it was new. some days, everything seems new.
Drink less ;)
maybe i should drink more. there's a sixpack of woodchuck hard cider in the kitchen, it's been there six weeks, untouched.
that's a good thing, actually. i'm a cheap drunk, low tolerance. right about half a bottle it kicks in, the world takes on a happy glow, and all women are beautiful. this is not a good time to make important decisions.
by the time i reach the bottom of the bottle, it's time for a nap.
i'm a fun guy. ;)
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

SwampGrouch wrote:If it's just a matter of trimming the text string length, strike "views and." "Opinions" gets the meaning across clearly by itself. Also, "here" is redundant. It can go without losing anything.
balderdash! it should keep "views", delete "and opinions", and keep "here". and the first "the", ditch it. or keep it as it is. or what that grouchy guy said. or whatever. :see_stars:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote:
SwampGrouch wrote:If it's just a matter of trimming the text string length, strike "views and." "Opinions" gets the meaning across clearly by itself. Also, "here" is redundant. It can go without losing anything.
balderdash! it should keep "views", delete "and opinions", and keep "here". and the first "the", ditch it. or keep it as it is. or what that grouchy guy said. or whatever. :see_stars:
It's like amending a motion from the floor. :laugh:
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect the stated opinions of the LGC; unless, of course, enough evidence is provided to cause the members of LGC to come to a conclusion that said views and opinions expressed on these forums are more reasonable and enlightened than the stated opinions of the LGC. A committee will be formed to determine if the new views and opinions will be incorporated into or replace the stated opinions of the LGC. At which time, if the majority of the committee agrees, changes to views and opinions will be presented for vote, and the results posted.

The concise method of "The posts on this public forum do not necessarily represent the LGC" may work, but doesn't capture the true liberal spirit of long winded analysis. :D

Or you could use the common method of other forums; "I'm right, you're wrong, apply banhammer".
Brian