Wind River Movie

Unfortunately on limited release only. If you get a chance to see it, please do so. I thought it was very good. Elizabeth Olsen, Jeremy Renner and Graham Greene. I won't say much more for spoilers sake, but lots of nice guns in addition to being a good suspense movie from the screenwriter who gave us Sicario and Hell or High Water.

Re: Wind River Movie

Gee, include a trailer at least:
https://youtu.be/gg7ZknrV7gM

Kinda reminiscent of the Longmire series, with some of the same actors on that show. Looks a good movie, if dark with tones of Siccario.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Great movie, I think that it's the best work the Jeremy Renner has done since The Hurt Locker. Several decades ago I worked for the Forest Service in Wyoming and the Wind Rivers was where we spend our 3 day weekends when we worked 4/10s. The movie does a good job of capturing the emptiness and feel of the place.

I agree, great film! Mostly it's a quiet study of grief, masculinity and race but the languid pace and introspective nature makes the staccato blasts of violence even more shocking.
"Guns themselves are fairly robust; their chief enemies are rust and politicians." Geoffrey Boothroyd

Nice film, it reminded me Longmire. Supposed to take place in Wyoming like Longmire, but much of it was filmed in Utah. Longmire was filmed in New Mexico.

Forgot to add that I agree with EdC about nice guns. Jeremy Renner's character reloads and has some very nice guns: Remington 700, Ruger Super Blackhawk and a Marlin 1895.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Saw it in a theater a few months back. Pretty good.
We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth,
and there is a vast ignorance of science.
James Lovelock

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

joemac wrote:It's a $5 stream rental on Amazon. My wife and I are making popcorn tonight and watching it at home, but it looks like it would be better on the "big screen" at a cinema.
I agree, the beauty of the Wasatch Mountains are better appreciated on a big screen. I pity the poor cast and crew filming in that very cold weather. The male victim whose decomposing body Jeremy Renner finds, is played by Jon Bernthal (The Punisher). FBI agent Jane Banner is played by Elizabeth Olsen (Olsen twins family).
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Meh. A good premise to give visibility to on screen, the problem of sexual Assault of Native American women. I found the acting and much of the script cheeesy.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Mason wrote:Meh. A good premise to give visibility to on screen, the problem of sexual Assault of Native American women. I found the acting and much of the script cheeesy.
I agree, not great. It dragged along and then there was the shoot out, not well paced. Very scenic though. My pet peeve in too many police procedurals (TV and film) is that the writers want to make them into romances or focus on a cops family troubles, medical shows have gotten the same way. One of the reasons I like Bosch, there is very little of that so far. Long live Netflix, Amazon etc. !

Not a great movie, but a good one. Enjoyed the scenery. I am also a big fan of the actress Tantoo Cardinal.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle