Re: Board updates continue

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling just a bit like Mason right now...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Question...when I'm on my tablet or computer, I can see who posted last in a thread. When I'm on my phone, not so much.

I'm assuming the website has me tagged as a "mobile" user and is feeding me that version of the board.

Is there any way to turn this off? Is there some other way to get these fields to display?

Thanks!

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:Question...when I'm on my tablet or computer, I can see who posted last in a thread. When I'm on my phone, not so much.

I'm assuming the website has me tagged as a "mobile" user and is feeding me that version of the board.

Is there any way to turn this off? Is there some other way to get these fields to display?

Thanks!
Not that I can find. It shows the person who started the thread instead. Maybe Tapatalk?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

senorgrand wrote:sorry...it's a samsung. not working in landscape. Maybe it's defaulting to a different skin?
You should have, on the top right, next to the tab counter (a little square with a number in it,) on the same line as the URL bar, three dots stacked vertically. Tap those. There should be an option that says "Request Desktop Site," make sure the check box next to it is checked. This assumes you're using Chrome as your browser.

Bang wrote:
senorgrand wrote:sorry...it's a samsung. not working in landscape. Maybe it's defaulting to a different skin?
You should have, on the top right, next to the tab counter (a little square with a number in it,) on the same line as the URL bar, three dots stacked vertically. Tap those. There should be an option that says "Request Desktop Site," make sure the check box next to it is checked. This assumes you're using Chrome as your browser.
Freaking awesome!

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

shinzen wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Question...when I'm on my tablet or computer, I can see who posted last in a thread. When I'm on my phone, not so much.

Thanks!
Not that I can find. It shows the person who started the thread instead. Maybe Tapatalk?
I tried with two cell phone browsers and neither one shows last post even in landscape, it cuts off after page number. I'm not on tapatalk. Interesting...
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Inquisitor wrote:Well futz with mobile options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It's not a biggie for me, my laptop and tablet work fine with the new site. I rarely use my cell browsers to access the LGC forum.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:Well futz with mobile options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It's not a biggie for me, my laptop and tablet work fine with the new site. I rarely use my cell browsers to access the LGC forum.
I'm only on an iPhone. I do miss seeing post stats.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.