Marion P. Hammer: "Don’t Believe What Pollsters Say" about member's views

Hammer is not liked by anyone.
Don’t Believe What Pollsters Say about the Gun Control Views of NRA Members
Time and again national pollsters insist on reporting how NRA members and other gun owners feel about gun control. Don’t believe a word of it.

None of these pollsters has access to NRA’s membership list. NRA strictly protects its membership list and doesn’t give it to mainstream media types, pollsters, solicitors or anyone else. It is a private list and always has been. Anyone who claims to have access to NRA’s membership list is not telling the truth.

Pollsters simply ask people they survey if they are NRA members or gun owners. However, they have absolutely no way to determine whether the information they get is accurate. So despite their claims, they can’t accurately say how NRA members or gun owners feel about gun control.

Re: Marion P. Hammer: "Don’t Believe What Pollsters Say" about member's views

Excuse me, but this is complete and total ridiculous nonsense. AKA bovine excrement.
NRA members and other law-abiding gun owners know better than to believe anything they read, see or hear in the mainstream media about NRA membership views or gun owner views on gun control. You should too.
Ms. Hammer is spewing her ridiculous nonsense in, of all places, the "mainstream media."

Re: Marion P. Hammer: "Don’t Believe What Pollsters Say" about member's views

harriss wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:06 pm Excuse me, but this is complete and total ridiculous nonsense. AKA bovine excrement.
NRA members and other law-abiding gun owners know better than to believe anything they read, see or hear in the mainstream media about NRA membership views or gun owner views on gun control. You should too.
Ms. Hammer is spewing her ridiculous nonsense in, of all places, the "mainstream media."
In terms of the poll taken of NRA members by an NRA sanctioned pollster, I agree it probably reflects their members views. People do lie to pollsters and a pollster sanctioned by the NRA probably got more honest answers than Gallup, Pew or another well known pollster. I disagree with her that the data can be generalized as being the opinions of all guns owners, the NRA and their opinions are a minority as I stated above.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan