Gun prohibition activists "feel unheard" in Arkansas school safety talks

Gun Control Advocates Feel Unheard in School Safety Talks
ARKANSAS - Gun control advocates say they're voices are going unheard in the statewide discussion about ways to improve school safety.

Nearly two dozen members of the group Moms Demand Action, which advocates for more gun laws, attended a three-hour legislative committee meeting in Little Rock on Monday only to be told they would not be allowed to comment.

"I was very upset, but not terribly shocked," said Eve Jorgensen, head of the Arkansas chapter of Moms Demand Action.

Re: Gun prohibition activists "feel unheard" in Arkansas school safety talks

"We're fact-finding, we're not inviting political organizations and Moms Demand Action is a political organization, just like the NRA is a political organization and we have not invited them to present,"
Lowery said the purpose of the meeting was to hear ideas from experts.
Eve, MDA and Everytown will no doubt get their chance to "be heard", and push their agenda.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

MaxwellG wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:58 am "We're fact-finding, we're not inviting political organizations and Moms Demand Action is a political organization, just like the NRA is a political organization and we have not invited them to present,"
Lowery said the purpose of the meeting was to hear ideas from experts.
Eve, MDA and Everytown will no doubt get their chance to "be heard", and push their agenda.
You mean MD(M)A aren't "experts"?!?

They'd definitely disagree with that. No one else would though.

I recently wrote this on a local gun board. There is a plan to "counter protest" a "March for our lives" rally:
If we intend to represent the local firearms owning community then it does become important to be educated on the issues. The anti gun rally's this summer have been prompted by various tragic shootings.

The U.S. Secret Service National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC) has released a document titled Enhancing School Safety Using a Threat Assessment Model . It is worth reading.

One immediate takeaway is that of the thirteen items mentioned, "weapons access" garnered only a half page of this thirty-two page document. There are many more items that both reduce all forms of school violence and create better learning environments. In fact, if there is a real takeaway for me, as a teacher, in this document, it is that building environments that enhance real school security are the very things that promote better educational environments.

If the energy that is going into this sham "school safety" tour went into the many other issues raised by the Secret Service, such as: Communications, guiding and teaching to student Interests, Stressors, Desperation and Despair, Concern for others and Empathy, and other factors, we would not only have safer schools, we would have better schools.

Hopefully people attending can look over this document and be prepared to point out that the events are focusing on a single issue that is a minor note in the number of factors related to school shootings.

On another note: Is the information above still the "When and Where?" And, do we have tickets?
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40